X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloaded and installed free editor trial

Edit: Got it running

Where from?
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
      Where from?
      The official site.

So far it seems, well, like a Maxis game. Quite a bit too cutesy for my liking. It also has this horribly annoying buzzing noise when I switch modes between Edit and Test Drive.

Comment

No one better mess with my Battlelisk.

It's the dreadnought of lisks.
        Attached Files
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Cute little devil:

Ok, admitted, this is not the official trial (well, it was the trial I installed, just added another file)
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

My first attempt at an aquasaur:
            Attached Files

Comment

And a first attempt at a Pierson's Puppeteer:
              Attached Files

Comment

Galnemer created the Mintphibian:
                Attached Files
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Spore trial version of the creature creator (Free but gimped):

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

DAMNITALL!!!

I need to upgrade my graphics card to run this!!!
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

So far I'm underwhelmed. I just don't see this as the mindblowingly awesome tool that it was hyped to be (surprise). I figured it would at least be the equal of the Sims 2 face editor, which IMO set a new standard for customization tools. Say what you will about The Sims 2, and many have, but given enough time with the editor you could create just about any face imaginable.

The Spore creature editor doesn't have nearly the level of customizations. The various add-ons like eyes, feet, etc. can only be modified to a very limited degree. Unless there is an editor for the add-ons, and it has the level of customization that the Sims 2 editor did, this is a bust as far as I'm concerned. Hope I'm proved wrong; I've heard there's several editors shipping with the game so we'll see I guess.

Comment

Upgrading your GPU to something that will run this, fortunately, is cheap... $100 or less nowadays
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

No flying penises?
                          "

Comment

My newest creation:

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I installed the free editor. Little to do, way too little to choose from and less customizing possible than I thought.

So I went to mininova to check out what I was missing out on. Turned out the pay thing only gave the double amount of part, ie around half of what will be released. And those morons want to get paid for that.'

All in all, a let down. The complete game better be much better than the creator.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X