I Got 24 Problems But a ***** Ain't One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got 24 Problems But a ***** Ain't One

If you have a 20+4 pin powersupply and a 24 pin motherboard is it obligatory to have the +4 dangly bit connect to the motherboard or can I just leave it hanging. You see the motherboard seems to have the +4 receptacle quite far from the 20 pin receptable, and the power supply company seems to have made a very short cable for the +4 dangly bit. In sum, this is annoying the piss out of me and is easily the most frustrating thing that has happened to me since my neighbor accused my dog Washington of killing her cat. Obviously Washington did it but she had no way of knowing that because I used Axe body spray (I know I know) to make the blood trail smell like Urban Fusion or something. I blamed the African American Garbage man, playing on her racial hatred, and she quickly went after him
    Attached Files

Hit it with a hammer until it works.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

So your dangly bit is too short?
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

While I understand why you think this is my computer it is not, and your efforts at sabotage will only hurt yourselves. Somehow

Comment

Is that a pic of your setup?

If so, there's obviously 4 more spots alongside the 20

Assuming it's not ... usually that's a separate power connector, so just use a different one. You do need to use the separate connector, though.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes that is my setup but the motherboard manual indicates I should plug the +4 into the circle at the bottom of the case there.

Also the fans, my god the fans, are nearly impossible to plug in

My life

Comment

The ATX power cable far from the 20/24-pin one isn't where the extra 4 go.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think that four is supposed to go into the four empty pins ... and another four (usually a straight four, but you might have got an Asher Special ) somewhere else on the board, often.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Generally if your PSU is 20+4 compatible the 20 and 4 will be part of the same wire bundle.

If you don't have a seperate 4 pin ATX 12v connector for the socket by the CPU heatsink/fan, you can get an adapter. The computer may run without plugging in a 12v connector at all though.

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE

A lot of this antec case's fans have 4 holes but the motherboard only has 3 pin holes for SYS fan. Does that seems familiar to anyone. I desperate want my SYS fan in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                        Also the fans, my god the fans, are nearly impossible to plug in

My life
                        Yeah, Intel CPU fans suck. Mine wouldn't get in. I had it checked by a tech guy. He tried another one and he had a hard time getting it in. He told me that they suck monkey balls.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

You can mix and match the 3 and 4 pin. The 4th pin is for speed control IIRC, so the effect will be you can't use software to control the speed of your fans.

The guide on the back of the connector should line up in either case.

Comment

So is it not a good idea to connect the fans directly to the motherboard or should I be connecting them to the powersupply and/or the motherboard?

Comment

I think I connected mine to teh PSU rather than teh mobo, but I forget now.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X