Games you would like to see on XBL or VC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games you would like to see on XBL or VC

Personally, I would like to see Orge Battle 64:Person of Lordly Caliber and Final Fantasy Tactics.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

I'd very much like to see some of the old games I played on my NES back in the days. Turtles II(IIRC the numbering) for example. I had great fun with it. Several of those games are already there though, like Baloon fight, some Mario games and such.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
      I'd very much like to see some of the old games I played on my NES back in the days. Turtles II(IIRC the numbering) for example. I had great fun with it. Several of those games are already there though, like Baloon fight, some Mario games and such.
      I have fond memories of playing TMNT too. TMNT is on XBL, haven't got around to playing it yet , I don't know how much I would enjoy it though.
      Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

TMNT1 is on VC, but that game is rubbish compared to the later games unfortunately.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Dont laugh, but what is VC you folks speak of?

Oh and Nikolai

I loved Baloon Fight.
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
            Dont laugh, but what is VC you folks speak of?
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_console

Tecmo Bowl

I wish we could get Wrecking Crew..not sure who put it out though

Phoenix..it was where you shot attacking birds and such and then had to kill a mother ship dropping

This is so cool!
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

www.consoleclassix.com
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                  TMNT1 is on VC, but that game is rubbish compared to the later games unfortunately.
                  That game was insanely hard, but before II came out, I remember spending a lot of time playing.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

My advice if you want to play old games is emulation. A few squids on a controller (or stick for arcade games) for your PC and you can play pretty much any game released in the arcade or on old platforms up to Gamecube/PS2, where it starts to get patchy.

Beats paying over the odds for old games on XBL or VC. The only games I've bought on XBL are Geometry Wars (only 400 points and an innovative game), Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, an all time classic I just wanted to play again, and Streetfighter 2:HF, for the multiplayer.

Comment

Console Classix is a free emulation service (free for some, anyway), for those of you like me who prefer to legally play things... free for Atari and NES and IIRC one other system, then small monthly fee for SNES/PS1.

If you actually own the game on SNES or whatever, you arguably can play it legally still at that point; it has not been tested in court, as far as I know, and probably varies by country, but is likely legal. (However, specific details may not be shared on this site, since it is still a gray area.)
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Console Classix is a free emulation service (free for some, anyway), for those of you like me who prefer to legally play things... free for Atari and NES and IIRC one other system, then small monthly fee for SNES/PS1.
                        I'm going to check CC out. I don't see how this program is legal though.

Comment

Working...
                        X