[PtBS] The Return Of Rhothaerill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proviisori
    I have BtS but it is the last test version that Firaxis was kind to give to us beta testers. It is not compatible with the "bought version" IIRC
    I doubt it would, since latest test versions are usually ahead of the official version.
    So, is a post-BtS 313 patch still in the pipeline or what?
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

I am great with no tech brokering - or even no tech trading - but I don't want to ban financial civs; a lot of people play financial strategies (including some in this game, as far as I remember). FIN is certainly not the only way to win a no-tech-trade/broker game anyway...

Select our own civs, certainly. Choose religions, sure. Anonymous, I'd prefer not, I think these games are more fun when we know who the other civs are; I don't think anyone here is a horrible enemy after all
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Like I said above I'm fine either way with having financial as a pickable civ, or not (if it is then I will still pick the Inca, if not I'll pick someone else). I would definitely prefer to pick my own civ rather than do Beta's misfits idea (sorry Beta).

No tech brokering - yes
        Choose religions - don't care, it's cosmetic
        Anonymous - no

Comment

Witt, how about you? And Beta, what are your opinions on Geo's other modifications?

I'd say a 36 hour turn timer would probably be good. With that we can also do the 'no successive turns for 12-18 hours during wartime" to eliminate the double moves. Regarding Geo's other thoughts on double moves, that's probably trickier. During wartime it's one thing to avoid playing again, but during regular turns it's natural if you're the last person to finish up one turn and start the next. I know I have a limited amount of time in a day to play a turn (basically one block of about an hour or two in the later evening Pacific time).

I think Beta's misfits idea will be shot down so we need to decide whether or not to have financial civs and then pick our civs.

Comment

Actually, I don't have an opinion one way or the other ... so since this game is "The Return of Rhothaerill" I will go with whatever Rhoth wants to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
              Actually, I don't have an opinion one way or the other ... so since this game is "The Return of Rhothaerill" I will go with whatever Rhoth wants to have.
              From now on I'm going to name every game "The Return of Rhothaerill".

Just remember that later on when I'm annihilating your cities...you want me to have whatever I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                Regarding Geo's other thoughts on double moves, that's probably trickier. During wartime it's one thing to avoid playing again, but during regular turns it's natural if you're the last person to finish up one turn and start the next. I know I have a limited amount of time in a day to play a turn (basically one block of about an hour or two in the later evening Pacific time).
                It's a bit of a far-flung possibility, so I don't think a special rule should be made. I'd say just keep it fair. If you're playing last in a turn, and move a scout or settler for the first move, and see a settler supposedly ready to settle (great spot from the surrounding resources) or a scout next to a tribe, show some consideration.

For me it won't mosttimes not be an issue, since I'm probably the first to play from this gang. (Central European Time)

Okay, tech brokering is in, now let's await the verdict on free religions.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                  It's a bit of a far-flung possibility, so I don't think a special rule should be made. I'd say just keep it fair. If you're playing last in a turn, and move a scout or settler for the first move, and see a settler supposedly ready to settle (great spot from the surrounding resources) or a scout next to a tribe, show some consideration.

For me it won't mosttimes not be an issue, since I'm probably the first to play from this gang. (Central European Time)
                  Sounds fine.

Okay, tech brokering is in, now let's await the verdict on free religions.
                  You asked for it, Snoop said sure, and Witt and I are fine either way, so I'd say Beta is outvoted if he says no.

Anonymous on the other hand is out. Snoop and I, and by extension Witt, are against it.

For financial civs...Snoop is for financial, Beta against (unless he changes his mind). I think I'm going to go against simply because it would be fun to play a different civ and not have to worry about getting far behind simply because I'm not financial (getting far behind for other reasons is different ). With Witt that makes it 3 against, 1 for, and 1 undecided so no financial.

Let's pick civs. I think I'll try one that I've never played before. Gilgamesh of the Sumerians.

Comment

I've updated the first thread with a few items. We still have to decide on Geo's peaceful conversion topic, and whether to have normal or raging barbs.

I'm not entirely sure what I want with regard to peaceful conversion.

Barbs: Raging can be fun at times, though I'm fine with saying no.

Comment

Where the hell did I get the 'old world' tag for?
                      You take Gilgamesh? Mmm, what would be the best counter... I know! Portugal has the best changes of sailing away from pesky Vultures!

And with both the civs choosen sofar, raging barbs isn't so dangerous, so it's fine with me.

Oh, any chance for sneaking in high seas as a map setting?
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
                        Where the hell did I get the 'old world' tag for?
                        Because the rest of us live in North America. You're from the old world of Europe (and it was the only thing I could think of offhand since I don't know you very well).

BTW, that's still better than one I did a few years ago. I gave the tag "Space Cadet" to Sharpe because of his space avatar. Naturally I completely forgot about the other connotations of that for a while.
                        Last edited by Rhothaerill; June 17, 2008, 16:57.

Comment

Since we are picking Civs - I will go for BRENNUS of the Celts.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Oh, and High Seas are fine with me as well.
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I'll take Isabella, assuming she's not financial, and Ethiopia if she is.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Beta, you're the last one...tick tock, tick tock.

I'd still prefer to keep the snaky pangaea.

Comment

Working...
                                X