[PtBS] The Return Of Rhothaerill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya I did finally

I finally manually downloaded the patch and took care of it. Ill be checking once a day till Beta gets back.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• And of course I could not connect this morning.

I do not have the time, nor the inclination to check CIV 4 or 5 times a day so I can play one turn. Thats why I dont do PitBoss any longer, or any other MP play.

This game needs to stay connected or else I won't be playing.............................
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Stop whining... this is the first time it's been disconnected unexpectedly since it was first started, and it was a whopping 5 hour downtime

My cats turned off my surge protector sometime around 4am... fun fun. The game is reset to the start of 3160bc, because of the timing of the turn plays... sorry!

The game is on civstats, just check that... it will let you know when the game is up
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• No, I dont think I will

I dont sit around the computer all day waiting for games to come back up.

Like I said neither the time nor the inclination at this point in time

Comment

• Well, if Con does not want to fill in for Beta, I say turn Beta's civ over to AI control until he returns...

Comment

• How long is Beta going to be away then?

@Con: this game has 36 hour timer, which probably translates in 40+ hours before a turn lapses. Surely you can fire up the game before going to work or after coming home from work once to check?
              He who knows others is wise.
              He who knows himself is enlightened.
              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Beta should be back either this Wednesday or Thursday (6/7 Aug).
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                  Well, if Con does not want to fill in for Beta, I say turn Beta's civ over to AI control until he returns...
                  Ill do it

Im just not going to check several times a day to play a game. My boss is still on vacation this upcoming week, and the kids are at the first week of band camp. Its busy. I don't have the time to check on a game several times a day. Its as simple as that. Thats the main reason Im not doing pitboss any longer.

Comment

• I suggested Civstats because then you don't have to fire up civ ... just go to civstats.com and click on the game's link ... and it tells you if it's your turn or not. Simple as pie...

Comment

• Speaking of which, Rhoth is the only person left to play the current turn.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
                        I suggested Civstats because then you don't have to fire up civ ... just go to civstats.com and click on the game's link ... and it tells you if it's your turn or not. Simple as pie...
                        Have you ever made real pie? Making a good crust is anything but simple.........

Comment

• Originally posted by Wittlich
                          Speaking of which, Rhoth is the only person left to play the current turn.
                          Ahem, I'm the only one that has actually completed the current turn thank you very little.

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25

Have you ever made real pie? Making a good crust is anything but simple.........
                            Meh, I make five apple pies before bedtime.

(My house when I was a child had a half dozen apple trees, and we actually did make a lot of apple pies... though it's been years ... I turned my focus to the art of cooking a meal, while my GF handles the baking, nowadays...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Ahem, I'm the only one that has actually completed the current turn thank you very little.
                              Good save Rhoth!

...Now only Snoopy and Geo are the slackers for this turn...

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Meh, I make five apple pies before bedtime.
                                Not in a truely flaky, mouthwatering crust you didn't, unless you prepared the dough ahead of time

Comment

Working...
                                X