ACDG5: story comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACDG5: story comment

This is a comment and story thread for the Official Narrative for Alpha Centauri Democracy Game 5 ("ACDG5").

You may post comments about the official game narrative and post your own stories.
    Last edited by vyeh; June 11, 2008, 11:01.
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Excerpts from Lt Bodissey’s personal log – 2101.03.14
    I wonder what came into me for accepting this assignment on the Unity. A unity that just broke apart as Earth itself has. I’m beginning to ask myself whether this doomed earthbound lice we call humanity can succeed in building a new world and keep itself alive without destroying its new shelter.
    But, with the help of the Great Architect, we might have another chance to overcome our inner demons. Or so I hope.
    Anyway, being, at the bottom line, an incurable optimist, I intend to help my fellow humans to the best of my abilities. I have therefore undergone the conduct of our first operations of settling on Chiron, as the former Unity command agreed to christen this new home of ours. […]

Our new HQ is surrounded by strange monoliths of an alien design we haven’t been able to study yet. They seem however to have a beneficial effect on the plant life and the general attitude of the workers that agree to operate in their vicinity. They seem to have – in a way – boosted the stance of the teams of mineralogists and engineers we sent to study them. As they came back so energetic, full of samples and mind-boggling stories, I thought they needed quarantine before allowing them to mingle back with the other crews. But as we cannot allow these measures to hinder our progress, I had to lift the safety ban.
    I might myself want to visit these ‘relics’ but I haven’t been able to divert enough time, being absorbed as I am by my logistic tasks and my operational command of our northern base. […]

Our sturdy Unity equipment seems to adapt quite well to his new environment. Within a few days, we will christen the new bases established during these two months. I am campaigning to name our northern base: ‘Big Rock Candy Mountain’, as an homage to pioneers, hobos and freewheeling characters of the former United States frontier era.
    All your base are belong to us

Comment

Working...
    X