Modcast #11: Kael Spectacular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modcast #11: Kael Spectacular

With 10% more Kael than normal, this episode is a Kael Spectacular. Listen to the creator of Fall from Heaven reveal shocking secrets!! Episode 11, "Kael Spectacular" (48m32s), features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl,Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders and Kenneth "Impaler[wrg]" Ferlandwith first-time guest host Derek "Kael" Paxton.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Summary of Topics:

- 02m40s | Code Corner
      We talked about Kael's Speed Mod.
    - 05m42s | Artist Sketchpad
      We talked about Darkelf Black Guard by Ploeperpengel and Shinto Mod by Dual.
    - 14m02s | Cartography Room
      We looked at the Fractal Arboria and BtS Creation Mapscripts both by Junuxx.
    - 20m17s | Spotlight
      We featured Derek "Kael" Paxton and talked alot about the development of FfH2 and too much more to even list here!
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Good episode. That Kael guy is a bit of a dork, but his wife is hot!

Comment

Originally posted by Murg
      Good episode. That Kael guy is a bit of a dork, but his wife is hot!
      Pictures?

(NOT OF KAEL!)
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

LMFAO
        ModCastNewest Episode!
        Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

A very good episoed.

Loved all the FFH talk.

PS Hm, I tought EA wasn't the evil empire it used to be. Why, O why should we be worried with them making civ5?

Edit: Civ4: 2009 Colonization Madden NHL Hero
          I can't wait till its done.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I think thats just Tony, everyone else on the modcast seemed to be fine with EA.

Plus since EA owns the rights to Alpha Centauri, if they merge with Take2...

Comment

I think thats just Tony, everyone else on the modcast seemed to be fine with EA.

Plus since EA owns the rights to Alpha Centauri, if they merge with Take2...
              Yeah Civ4: Alpha Centauri Colonisation Madden NHL GTA 2009

But seriusly? I don't really have a problem with the take over by EA, I do have a problem with a few of the ultralarge companies gobbling up all the others.

And SMAC 2 would be wonderfull. As long as they don't make it an RTS
              Last edited by Heraclitus; June 11, 2008, 19:42.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                And SMAC 2 would be wonderfull. As long as they don't make it an RTS
                Why not, well besides a SMAC2 TBS that is?
                The campaigns could provide a great story. And the factions could be completely different, similar to StarCraft. The Gaians with native life units and psi casters. The Consciousness with robotic units, the Spartans the usual modern military, the Progenitors with Battle Ogres...
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Don't get me wrong I would love a SMAC RTS, movie and MMORPG.

But not before they make another TBS.

Comment

Good episode. I hadn't checked out FFH because I wasn't that interested in a fantasy game using the Civ engine (especially with me still barely 1/3rd of the way thru Baldur's Gate II,) but after hearing about it I will definitely take a look.
                    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

LMFAO

you guys are great
                      ModCastNewest Episode!
                      Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
                        Good episode. I hadn't checked out FFH because I wasn't that interested in a fantasy game using the Civ engine (especially with me still barely 1/3rd of the way thru Baldur's Gate II,) but after hearing about it I will definitely take a look.
                        That is one serious backlog if you are currently working through Baldars Gate II (great game though). Though I have been playing Diablo II and Final Fantasy IX lately, so I guess I dont have that much room to talk.

Comment

That is one serious backlog if you are currently working through Baldars Gate II (great game though). Though I have been playing Diablo II and Final Fantasy IX lately, so I guess I dont have that much room to talk.
                          To be fair, I didn't start playing it until September 2005....then immediately stopped once Civilization IV was released in October. I didn't wander back to it (and actually start a new game) until last month. (Then promptly stopped once the 3.17 BtS patch was released.)

Oh -- and this Modcast is in the news:

Apolyton’s PolyCast has started an excellent new Podcast dedicated to Civilization modding called ModCast. Episode 11, in particular, is worth listening to as it details the development histo…
                          "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Very cool, Soren is so the man.

Comment

Working...
                            X