Very large land maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very large land maps

I want to play a large, mostly land, map. I edited the alphax text file, (probably too drastically), too create a mostly land map, (maybe 80 to 90 percent land), and when I start a new game the computer controlled players either die on startup or only one or two survive through planetfall. I was wondering if anybody else may have tried this and discovered a solution or not. I've tried several things myself to no avail, I am beginning to think there is no solution.

Re: Very large land maps

Originally posted by kerr20050
    I want to play a large, mostly land, map. I edited the alphax text file, (probably too drastically), too create a mostly land map, (maybe 80 to 90 percent land), and when I start a new game the computer controlled players either die on startup or only one or two survive through planetfall. I was wondering if anybody else may have tried this and discovered a solution or not. I've tried several things myself to no avail, I am beginning to think there is no solution.
    Could you post your alphax.txt file?
    Unofficial SMAC/X Patches Version 1.0 @ Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Re: Very large land maps

Originally posted by kerr20050
      I ran into the same problem when playing on really large maps. The solution is to save the map (via the scenario editor), then start a new game using the LOAD MAP FILE option.

HTH

Petek
      "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
      -- Kosh

Comment

Re: Re: Very large land maps

Originally posted by Petek
        I ran into the same problem when playing on really large maps. The solution is to save the map (via the scenario editor), then start a new game using the LOAD MAP FILE option.

HTH

Petek
        This is what I found out, too, shortly after I started playing on large mostly land maps. There was never any notice or announcement, though.
        Something I still have happen is losing as many as 3 factions to mindworms within the first very few turns if native life is set to Abundant. This does not happen in every game, of course, only once every few games, and it is always announced as "Faction eradicated."
        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Before I found the technique of saving the map and restarting, I had one game where I won a conquest victory in MY 2101! All other factions had been eliminated on the first turn.

Petek
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
          -- Kosh

Comment

Working...
          X