No announcement yet.

Civ4: Col - Age of Discovery II Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China was quite isolationist also ... Europe just didn't let them stay that way Japan had an easier time staying isolationist.

Japan, however, does not have a cultural bias against colonizing (China never would have colonized anywhere, it just wasn't something that was done); while Japan did sort of colonize a little bit later.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yeah, Japan colonised a LOT later, around the time it started to industrialise. late 19th century I believe.

Comment

Re: Civ4: Col - Age of Discovery II Mod

5. A Pirate nation to add a real spin to the game.
        I see "barbarians" having their name changed to "pirates", but maybe that's just me.

They have their own cities in Civ 4, so why not give them some boats with a "raid" ability that steals either production or gold from a city of the euro/native nations?

As for Africa, I think it's a great idea, but I wonder if they shouldn't have their own map.
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

I definitely think China should be in. Whether or not the 1421 voyage actually reached N.A. there is little doubt that there were a great many long-distance sea voyages.

China did not end up colonizing, but they could have. And isn't that the point of any civ-style game? Taking those elements that are plausible and letting the player explore what "might have been"?

Comment

Working...
          X