anyone here use gametap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here use gametap?

Ive stumbled on it, and have already used it to play some old arcade games (notably Joust)

I have since dled the player, which now gives me access to their major free games,of which the top on my list is Deus Ex. There are a few others of interest, not many though.

The games available to subscribers look really cool though. Too bad many of them are ones Ive already bought (like BG, BG2 and PST) but it still leaves many on my list, including various HOMMS, combat missions, and many more. Oh, and Civ4.

At $60 a year, thats about what I spend a year on games currently, and thats getting old games exclusively.

Note, Im more interested in a discussion of your experiences with gametap, and similar services, than in a discussion of my odd game purchasing habits thanks in advance
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

No... but perhaps it would be more suited to your preferences than mine.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I signed up, for the first two (free) Hitman games. Worked fine, quick DL's.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

teh internet has lots of ways to download free games. Why is Gametap better?

Comment

Because it doesn't get you banned and/or PCRed for discussing it.

Comment

Neither does what I said.

Comment

Is it okay to talk about how to pirate games or not? I'm confused, but I got a some sites. I GOT SOME SITES.

Comment

It is not okay to talk about how to pirate anything (Except ships. Talk about pirating ships all you want.)

Comment

Gametap has Startopia. Highly recommended strategy game.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    It is not okay to talk about how to pirate anything (Except ships. Talk about pirating ships all you want.)
                    Age of Sail is a game about ships. Pirating is included as a feature but there are wider possibilities through P2P software like eMule. This software can also be used to legitimately download backups of games you already own.

Comment

Link.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Age of Sail is a game about ships.

theres a thread about it already, your comments there would be appreciated of course.

Of course Gametap is nice in that you can get free games fully legally, knowing the service has cut some deal that presumably benefits the publisher/developer. I would think people here would want to reward the publisher/developer of Deus Ex.

You can also use the paid "gold" service of course. which gets you relatively new games.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

theres a thread about it already, your comments there would be appreciated of course.
                          That would be difficult seeing as I've never played it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

That would be difficult seeing as I've never played it.
                            well, then, you can use the thread to ask any questions you have about Age of Sail

Comment

I only care about teh pirating.

Comment

Working...
                              X