Connection Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problems

I am having problems connecting to Poly. I had this problem last night also. Sometimes I do get lucky and connect, but what is causing the problems with the site?

Probably either related to the previous issues with the hosting company, or Locutus messing around with the DB while the Americans sleep.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

We are performing maintenance on the server. It is not finished yet, but the disturbance should hopefully only last for some shorter periods of 10 to 20 minutes if all goes well.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

More "maintenance"?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yes, we are performing some upgrades, which we should have done before leaving settler3, but had to postpone because of the old server giving up too early. It should be OK now at least. We might still need to tweak some things but nothing that has to be done today, and nothing that probably will be done today either.

Comment

and now IRC is back up as well

Comment

Still glitching.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                Yes, we are performing some upgrades, which we should have done before leaving settler3, but had to postpone because of the old server giving up too early. It should be OK now at least. We might still need to tweak some things but nothing that has to be done today, and nothing that probably will be done today either.
                Hardware?
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  Still glitching.
                  Just high load.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Hardware?
                    No, low level software. We are changing the underlying storage system for the database to simplify backups.

Comment

Just high load.
                      Alright then.

I'm getting "missing pages".
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

And no Return to Forum button at the bottom of a thread.

Comment

Just high load.
                          I don't believe you, at least it's not high load caused by forum users.

Are you running some kind of query?

Comment

That's because the connection times out because of the high load. It shouldn't be for mush longer. But then there will be some downtime for the database as well later.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I don't believe you, at least it's not high load caused by forum users.
                              I didn't say it were forum users.

Are you running some kind of query?
                              Not a query, but extensive disk IO.

Comment

Working...
                              X