• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars

anyone waste time there ?

picked it up in a bargin bin...not to bad

lovin my warrior-necro combo character

I see plenty of other online gamers let their charaxters dance ???
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Use / dance.

I spent well over a thousand hours on GW, across PvE characters for all the classes and PvP with Jamski and others. It's truly a great game, but is a bit stagnant for me now.

Comment

It's a good game and probably the best for PvP out there (not much experience with that, though). For me, it's the ideal "filler" between other games, as playing costs nothing. The only bad side is the average player base, which is the worst bunch of mother****ing idiots I have ever seen in ANY game.

Originally posted by Addled Platypus
      I see plenty of other online gamers let their charaxters dance ???
      Exhibit A, although that's really harmless. You're going to see a lot more (and a lot worse).

Comment

3600 hours played... holy crap. I needed to change to something less time-consuming like WoW.
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

/deaths
          Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I played tons. I still play when/if I have the time.

I've beat every one of them, some with multiple characters, have a toon of every class. I'm not much into the titles, though. But I do have one I'm slowly trying to get all the elites unlocked with.

As Ralph says, it's kind of a filler game, in between things, leave, come back, no problems.

Which chapter did you pick up?

You'll be able to completely avoid the idiots if you get either Eye of the North or Nightfall, and pick up the heros from there. All the missions are doable with heroes. (well, they're doable with henchmen, but much easier with heroes)
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

started with the very begining

currently lvl 5
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                You'll be able to completely avoid the idiots if you get either Eye of the North or Nightfall, and pick up the heros from there. All the missions are doable with heroes. (well, they're doable with henchmen, but much easier with heroes)
                That's actually a good idea, I have seen people doing amazing things with heroes (I don't have any as I have only Prophecies).

Of course, like Spikey suggested, you can just join a good guild, but for my GW playstyle (very casual) that defeats the purpose as "filler game".

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                  3600 hours played... holy crap. I needed to change to something less time-consuming like WoW.
                  A lot of that was afk I guess.......I figure my /hours is about 50% higher than actual playtime.

I logged in a while back to see what was happening actually but no one was around and I guessed you were all playing WoW.

Comment

Edit: DP

Comment

Btw I disagree that GW is necessarily a filler game. Particularly on the PvP side there's more depth and replayability than any other RPG I've tried.

And early on, when it was revolutionary (and it really was) I spent many happy hours PvEing. I class myself at a pretty serious gamer and it was my main game for about 9 months on release, and I've come back to it for several long spells since then.

Comment

I miss GW, I might fire it up for a bit again.

I was in Morocco last week, and it was sooo Nightfall. I got the itch.
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Btw I disagree that GW is necessarily a filler game. Particularly on the PvP side there's more depth and replayability than any other RPG I've tried.

And early on, when it was revolutionary (and it really was) I spent many happy hours PvEing. I class myself at a pretty serious gamer and it was my main game for about 9 months on release, and I've come back to it for several long spells since then.
                          By all means, it was like that when I first walked into it.

NOW, though (every chapter beaten, all classes played, some PVP done, etc), it STILL remains a filler game rather than a dust collector. And I look forward to GW2 and hope I have a machine that will run it.
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

huh. my wife likes guild wars. i think it's mostly because of the pretty bells and whistles when compared to diablo ii.
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

2 completely differing styles of games there. Guild Wars does at least have a little strategic thought to it.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                              X