Illegal Mexican immigrant attacks 12 year old girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal Mexican immigrant attacks 12 year old girl

BARBOURSVILLE, W.Va. - One young shopper at a Wal-Mart in West Virginia had to watch out for more than falling prices.

A 12-year-old girl picking up a seedless watermelon from a bin was stung Sunday by a tan, 2.5-centimetre-long scorpion that had apparently stowed away in a shipment from Mexico.

Megan Templeton, of Barboursville, was taken to the hospital as a precaution but later released.

Her father, William Templeton, says the pain was a little worse than a bee sting.

He initially didn't believe his daughter when she said she had been stung by a scorpion, but then he saw the critter scurry underneath a box.

It was captured by Wal-Mart employees.

Most of the nearly 2,000 kinds of scorpions are not dangerous to humans.

Richard Coyle, senior director of international affairs for Wal-Mart, said store employees believe the problem was with a single shipment of watermelons.

"We are very concerned," he said. "This is a very rare incident. When I spoke with the store manager, she said in her 17 years she had never heard of something like this."

Of course WalMart played a part in this.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

We really need to get that border wall up quick.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

This is nothing but pure racist scandal mongering! Why blame the mexican scorpions? We have plenty of our own american scorpions that will sting people. My 12 year old daughter caught a baby one in our house and kept it as a pet for a while, then she set it free outside.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

No, we just need to raise tariffs on Scorpions.

Comment

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                This is nothing but pure racist scandal mongering! Why blame the mexican scorpions? We have plenty of our own american scorpions that will sting people. My 12 year old daughter caught a baby one in our house and kept it as a pet for a while, then she set it free outside.
                Bah. It's much more fun to spill a ring of lighter fluid around one, light the lighter fluid and watch the scorpion sting itself to death.

Torturing small, helpless creatures -- an American tradition since 1776.

Comment

QFT
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

This is nothing but pure racist scandal mongering!

Yep, that's me.

Comment

I'll take Messican scorpions over Canadian weasels any day!

Comment

Really? Just think about how tough you have to be to be a Canadian weasel. The beavers don't share their homes.

Comment

Scorpions

Comment

Mongooses
                            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I don't mind Canadian beaver.

Comment

Working...
                              X