Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving

What are you using?

I'm currently using a ~$80 electric shaver which I am not happy with. On the one hand it is better than the manual razors in that I can do something else while I shave (and I generally do), on the other hand it is slow and uncomfortable. I'm not going back to the messy non-electronic razors, so my only option is to move up to a really high-end electric shaver. But before I spend $500 or more on something (that's big money for me) I'd like to hear what you guys are using. I'm especially interested in brands and models if you are using an electric shaver and are happy with it.

My beard is tough, so electric razors don't do it for me.

I use one of those Sensor III manuals in the shower. It's the only way I can moisten my beard up enough to get a close shave.

Comment

For a minute then I thought the thread said "shaging" and I thought HARDMAN was back
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Braun Syncro

I've had it for about 3 years now, works well enough.

Comment

manual shaving all the way !!!
          "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

I use a straight razor on Sundays and a Norelco electric razor during the week. I generally just shave on the way to work.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I use a sword!
              Attached Files

Comment

A gillette fusion to give keep the scruff defined and a beard trimmer to keep it scruff and not a beard
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I use the Panasonic Vortex. It's quite good, only problem is the particular model I own went out of production very quickly and I am having a hard time finding replacement blades... but I'm using it now about 1.5 years after purchasing it with the original blade/foil and it still performs adequately (most electrics should have their blades/foils replaced about every 6 months or even less; this recommends blades every 6 months, foils every 2 years). It has the best ratings of any shaver, though, from my research two years ago.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Mach III.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Spending 500 on an electric razor is silly.

I use a norelco (the one with the goo) and it's fine for the weekends or a quick shave but to get a real close shave I use a blade in the shower. Soap for shaving cream. I use this on workdays.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

@ VetLegion. Have you changed the blade and foil recently? I'm assuming you have a foil model. I doubt that 500$ electric razors are worth it, BTW.

Mach III safety razor and a cheap, 100$ electric Braun. Anyway, if you want a close shave, nothing beats a blade.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

alopecia means no shaving in the morning
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                            Braun Syncro

I've had it for about 3 years now, works well enough.
                            You're old enough to shave now?
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I can't imagine a $500 razor of any sort... the really, really fancy ones (ie, the top of the line) are $200. Anything more than that is just extra cash added on for no purpose...

Unless you're talking some other sort of dollar, or costs in Croatia are exorbitant?

Consider Amazon.de
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X