Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great documentary on how electronic voting machines can be hacked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great documentary on how electronic voting machines can be hacked.

This is an HBO documentary which doesn't get into the partisan muck of finger pointing and instead just deals with the facts of how Diebald and other electronic voting machines can quickly and easily be hacked on a mass scale leaving no record. It's long but very interesting given that Diebald controls the majority of vote counting in American elections.

I'm not a conspiracy nut and the documentary doesn't allege that election fraud actually occurred and instead just shows how our current election system is wide open to massive fraud and how partisan politicians and for profit vendors are often in bed with each other. This is definitely a problem which should be addressed just so we can be sure fraud doesn't happen.

This is a legal link provided by Google video and which HBO has authorized to be distributed free over the internet. I honestly hope this loop hole is closed so that everyone can feel more secure about our election system.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Just get rid of this stupid system altogether. It doesn't add anything to democracy, will always be object of doubts and suspicion. It simply doesn't make things really easier.
    And I hate the "we have to catch up with technological advance" argument. It's possible to invent all kinds of electronic machines to substitute "mechanical" activities that don't add anything to our lives.
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

You also should get rid of electors.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I agree we should get rid of electors but it's in the constitution because in the 1780's any other system was impractical. The constitution can be amended but it is extremely difficult.

Comment

Pretty disturbing. In Holland there's been quite some doubt on voting machines as well, but little real action. In places they have returned to paper ballots though.

Did you notice an evil Fin was at the heart of it?
          "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
          "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

they always are... They always are...

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
              You also should get rid of electors.
              QFT

Originally posted by Oerdin
              I agree we should get rid of electors but it's in the constitution because in the 1780's any other system was impractical. The constitution can be amended but it is extremely difficult.
              You had an amendment that outlawed booze, is it really that hard to do?

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

It is a pretty ****ing obvious conclusion that electronic voting machines can be hacked, hence why they should never be used.

Stick to paper ballots I say!
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Electronic voting machines are a great idea, but they will never work with the kind of government you (or we) have.
                  It is possible to make cryptographically secure voting machines linked into a trustworthy network, but the government will never do that:
                  a) it will give the contract to the firm that gives the largest kickback, not the one that provides the best solution, which by the way should be widely published in press and scientific journals, so the boffins can take it apart and verify its soundness, and not classified as it is now.
                  b) doing this will eliminate the possibility of voting fraud, as an open system will allow transparent tracking of the voting results. No government wants that.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Electronic voting
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Once the voting machines declare themselves president you'll re-think that, I tell ya
                      Blah

Comment

I for one welcome our electronic voting machine overlords
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Like paper ballots can't possibly be manipulated...

electronic voting

(I'd prefer if you could check your vote as well.)

Comment

What's a "hanging chad"?

Though electronic voting, with a paper backup may be the best of both worlds... vote electronically and then take your paper backup and put it in a box.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'd like teh anti electronic voting crowd to volunteer to count paper ballots at teh next Indian general election

Comment

Working...
                              X