How to actually use hamachi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to actually use hamachi?

Ive looked around a lot, and maybe im just missing something obvious, but I cant find a thread that actually explains to me how to use hamachi.

Im not even quite sure whether to pick the IPX or TCP/IP selection in game.

My friends and I are all connected to the network I created, weve all gone to our network connection settings and made sure hamachi had the IPX protocol ticked, ive tried plugging directly into my modem and turning my firewall off to host, and ive tried being connected to through the internet selection with both my ip and the hamachi ip.

What am I missing? I would really appreciate it if someone would give me the basic step-by-step to getting this work. Were dying to get playing again.

Really, no replies yet? I thought hamachi was the standard for playing SMAC over the internet nowadays, I figured this one wouldve gotten answered pretty quick.

Could anyone at least tell me some things I might be doing wrong?
    Ive never played over a VPN before.

Comment

first step : all of you should pick the TCP/IP option of the SMAC multiplayer menu.
      second step (host): choose host from the menu, name your game, then you should be in the lobby
      second step (others): choose join
      third step (others): fill in the 'Hamachi IP' of the host (something like that: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx), then hit OK
      fourth step (others): if every thing worked out fine you should get a widow with the name of the game of your host. choose it, then everybody should be in the lobby.
      fifth step: have fun

in case some of you can't find the host's game, then switch host and follow the steps again.

if you run out of hosts and still didn't manage to start a game ... then you have a problem.
      alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

Of course first you all have to join Hamachi, if you haven't done so.

Then one of you has to create a network (via a button, right handside, down) to which the others join.

When in, load Smac and follow above guide.

On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Hello, i can provide online assistance, as i play over hamachi for quite a long now. pls join hamachi rooms:

"Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri"
          "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri b"
          "Labyrynth"
          Sntml's Chaos Under the Big Dome" (pass "garland")

Passwords are equal rooms name.

Everyone wishing to play smac online r welcomed.

gl
          --
          English is not my native language,
          so im sorry if i made any not intertaining mistakes. :)

Comment

Working...
          X