So Marx had it right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Marx had it right?

Okay, I am in this game (difficulty chieftain or warrior, Not sure) and I converted from monarchy to communism at the end of the 19th century.

After a long and tedious world war between me (communist germany) allied with democratic japan against democratic france, the republic of greece and republic india. So my side comes out of the war as the winners (after almost 50 years of war!). And I realise that by 1940, except for france, which is still democratic (but left with only one city in the middle of the indian ocean), the whole world converted to communism.

What gives?
    It's not the first time it happened to me, it seems that the AI players will follow you if you chose communism. Am I correct in that assumption?

Sounds like you are not playing C3C, because they probably would have switch to Fascism. In any event you will suffer if you are Democracy, while at war.

So I would not say they will follow you, since I do not go to communism and they will still use it in vanilla. In C3C they will go to Fascism most of the time when in a long war.

Do note that as you play at higher levels they get to switch with less anarchy. At Sid they only have 1 turn.

Comment

But no one switched back to democracy though, communism seems to be there "to stay", as if a worldwide proletarian revolution really took place.

Nice twist on history I say.

Comment

It could be related to the AIs attitude towards you.

IIRC, the AI attitude towards you is based on a variety of factors, one of which is your type of government (monarchy, republic, etc).

In effect, because you are now the strongest world power (at least I assume you are) then the remaining AI civs have decided to use communism to try and placate you and avoid being attacked.

Due to the AI bonuses at higher levels, the AI is not likely to show this behaviour.

JATF

Comment

First switch is painful, unless they are religious, so they will not do it repeatedly at low levels. At high levels, they do not have long turns of anarchy for switching.

Second demo is not a good government to switch to if you are going to be at war, so would not be surprised to see them stay in commie.

Comment

After that big war settled, there are only 5 civs left on earth. Two democracies which are still in the industrial era.
            And 3 communist superpowers at war with each others.

It's starting to look like oceania and 1984...

Comment

Working...
            X