No announcement yet.

Team Alpha Centauri Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for my delay in getting back to you, but you know why.

So, the contract looks all fine and great, and is how we've been doing business on tech trades, however, we have a prior arrangement where we are owed Monarchy, and thus, we are obligated to give the people a chance to make their payment good.

I am going to be sending you a series of PM's that are our contract history (at least 2, maybe 3, depending on the character limit) after this. And I will add a synopsis at the end of those in case you don't want to have to read it all in one sitting.

For now, I think I'll keep up with the diplomacy stuff.

-UnOrthOdOx
    Part timer(these days) Merc rep.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Contract #0011
      "Promises make debt, and debt makes promises." ~Dutch Proverb

Type: Bi-lateral Compensation
      Teams: Horde AND Sarantium
      Details: Team Mercenary agrees to cease hostilities on Sarantium/Horde.

Team Mercenary shall return the 2 captured workers to Sarantium and forgive the Horde their 2nd offence premium.

Team Mercenary shall supply Team Sarantium with Polytheism.

In return, Sarantium offers:

Monotheism (171)
      Priesthood (85)
      1/2 cost of Sailing (72)
      Code of Laws (500)

Total: 828

The Horde offers:

Monarchy (429)
      1/2 cost of Sailing (71)
      2 Archers (100)
      1 Axe/Spear (70)
      7 gold, once currency is acquired

Total: 670

Results:

Monotheism accepted
      Priesthood accepted
      Sailing Accepted
      2 archers accepted
      Code of Laws Pending
      Monarcy Pending
      Axe/Spear pending
      Gold Pending
      And that is where we stand now.

In more synopsis:

Sarantium mistakenly interpretted a comment that I made stating that any deals we made with them that prevented our declaring war on them (and I exampled both the open borders and the resource trade) we would never violate.

They assumed this to include a technology trade in the future would mean we would not declare war until it happened, and thus let their open borders and resource trades expire. However, technology trades do not require a peaceful state other than on the turn the actual trade takes place.

So, as Sarantium hired forces to attack the Horde, and we accepted, they believed themselves to be the sole customer.

The Horde, also hiring at the same time, believed themselves to be the sole customer as well, for we DO NOT disclose ANY negotiations with other teams PERIOD until the contract occurs.

So, The Horde got to see hired Sarantium units at the same time Sarantium got to see Horde hired units.

The 2 conspired to join together to remove us. Ordered us to move our units into a position for each other to kill, and in some cases suicided our units on each others heavily fortified cities while preparing to assault our homeland on 3 fronts. Even though it was obvious they were moving our units specifically to weaken us, we honored the rental agreement and moved as ordered.

We were forced to abandon one city on the west coast in this assault, but otherwise made a mockery of it (quite literally it was the best 10 turns of Civilization I have ever been a part of), and took the fight to Sarantium, as with the Horde army eliminated, they were no longer a threat.

The decision to reach out and make peace occured, because as much as we wanted revenge and to wipe them both off the map for this coalition against us, it had reached a point where it was going to become a slaughter. We wanted to stay true to the Mercenary philosphy that it's only about the money, and not revenge, or improving our chances to win. Thus, we contacted Sarantium about peace as soon as that tipping point was reached, and they formed the 2 party contract #0011. Cementing that the Sarantium/Horde is now 1 team. At least where Mercs are concerned.

-UnOrthOdOx
      The Part time Merc Rep.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I also sent the rest of the contract history over.
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

How did you get them to agree to those terms? I was reading the horde diplo thread and they were giving us the finger.
          A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

Sorry, that whole discussion wound up in it's own thread here.

the Horde is no longer speaking with us/me. Sarantium arranged it.
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Greetings from Team Mercenary,

I am in a position to inform you we are in a position that we can offer Philosophy, along with the Drama previously mentioned, as technologies we notice you are lacking.

This combined package offers a beaker count of 1580 if my math is correct, and opens up many new avenues for trade between our nations that Team Mercenary is not already promised from other means. I am sure a mutually beneficial arrangement could be made.

-UnOrthOdOx
              Team Merc rep.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Have you heard anything from AC?
                A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

Comment

Not as of today
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

hmm, sad to see diplomacy between our teams was so bad.

I thought it was better...
                    no sig

Comment

Working...
                    X