Now here's something really messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now here's something really messed up

Erik Thompson owns an internet gun sales service. Last year Mr. Thompson sold a pair of weapons to a young Korean, named Seung Cho, who went on a killing spree at Virginia Tech. Tonight, only days after the anniversary memorial service for the slain, Mr. Thompson gave a speech at Virginia Tech advocating that students be permitted to carry concealed weapons on campus. To promote his message he'll be selling weapons at cost there for the next few days.

Wait, there's more. It turns out that Seung Cho was the second school shooter Mr. Thompson has had the privilege to arm.

I have no reference for this one, it aired on local news only minutes ago,
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Fortunately GOOGLE comes to the rescue.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The online gun dealer who sold a weapon to the Virginia Tech shooter said it was an unnerving coincidence that he also sold handgun accessories to the man who killed five students at Northern Illinois University.

Eric Thompson said his website, www.topglock.com, sold two empty 9 mm Glock magazines and a Glock holster to Steven Kazmierczak on Feb. 4, just 10 days before the 27-year-old opened fire in a classroom and killed five before committing suicide.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The schools are insane.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cost eh? Where's this school again?
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

IIRC this guy also sold a gun to a V-tech student who killed himself 8 months after the massacre.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's the rope salesmen who want to shut the gun shops.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

guns for tots
              Unbelievable!

Comment

The solution then is to have campus sponsored gun shops, so we can be sure that they are properly regulated.

Brilliant thread Doc Strangelove!
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

i'm sorry but this stuff really happens only in the USA
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

True.

Civilized Euros buy their guns from abroad.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      I'm sorry but this stuff really happens only in the USA
                      Actually...No. About 6 or so months ago, the same thing occurred in a school in Germany ( if I recall correctly).
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Right to bear arms does not work. This is fairly obvious.

Duty to bear arms is what America needs. If every VTech student was armed because he/she had to and was properly trained to shoot (a mandatory high school subject?), everything would be different.
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich

Actually...No. About 6 or so months ago, the same thing occurred in a school in Germany ( if I recall correctly).
                          There was one in the city of Erfurt (where I was born ) but it happened in 2002.
                          Blah

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                            Right to bear arms does not work. This is fairly obvious.

Duty to bear arms is what America needs. If every VTech student was armed because he/she had to and was properly trained to shoot (a mandatory high school subject?), everything would be different.
                            Yeah, it would give the War on the Middle Class nonsense a whole new meaning
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Fortunately GOOGLE comes to the rescue.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — handgun accessories

sold two empty 9 mm Glock magazines and a Glock holster
                              Thanks for that clarification snoopy. Unfortunately, it wont alter the opinions of the knee-jerk reactionists.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                              X