Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamachi and CTP2

Hi there,

we tried to play CTP2 via Internet, but there is only one working server and we did not manage to see us in the lobby. So we tried Hamachi, but its not working either. Did somebody try CTP2 and Hamachi and get a working connection. It would be great if somebody could tell me how!

Thanx!
    bastian

Hi bastain, I assume you're using CtP2 with the Activision 1.11 patch installed?

Did you already install the fixed DLL files to allow Windows 2000/XP users to play against each other? You can find those fixes in this post (Q67):

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Yes, we used the patched-Version from Activision, and both machines are running with WinXP....but got no problems playing via LAN. Where is the difference with the dll? Is Hamachi working via "Internet-LAN"?

Is the dll included in the Apolyton-Edition?

Thanx for your support!
      Bastian

Comment

Originally posted by bastain
        Yes, we used the patched-Version from Activision, and both machines are running with WinXP....but got no problems playing via LAN. Where is the difference with the dll? Is Hamachi working via "Internet-LAN"?
        When you replace the dlls I would first try playing on the one remaining server. If that doesn't work then try Hamachi.

Is the dll included in the Apolyton-Edition?
        It is, but you may find bugs remaining in multi-player with AE. Of course you can still try it, and report any bugs you find in this thread:

Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

We tried the Apolyton-Edition.

We both got the 1.11 installed before installing the Apolyton-Edition.

We used the (one and only) Server that is available via Internet-Play. We saw each other in the lobby. But when we try to start the game, both games crashed without warning. We started a NEW game, not an old saved game.

Any ideas?

Two more questions:

There is no possibility for Direct-IP-Play?

Can I play CTP2 in Window-Mode?

Bastian
          Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 17:11.

Comment

We tried the Apolyton-Edition.

We both got the 1.11 installed before installing the Apolyton-Edition.

We used the (one and only) Server that is available via Internet-Play. We saw each other in the lobby. But when we try to start the game, both games crashed without warning. We started a NEW game, not an old saved game.
            That is a really old Apolyton Edition. The one in my signature is the latest.

Also you don't need to install the 1.11 patch if you use the Apolyton Edition.

If you get the same crash with the latest AE, then just use the 1.11 patched game and just the new dlls.

There is no possibility for Direct-IP-Play?
            No.

Can I play CTP2 in Window-Mode?
            No.
            Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 17:12.

Comment

Hmm...sorry, I didn't find the new version (via your signature). I googled some time but found only older version than mine (12/07). Would you please give me a direct link, so I can look after new versions ? Thanx!

Where can I find the dlls. In the thread mentioned above, the Q67-entry is empty...

Bastian

Comment

Hmm...sorry, I didn't find the new version (via your signature). I googled some time but found only older version than mine (12/07). Would you please give me a direct link, so I can look after new versions ? Thanx!
                Latest AE:

Edit: Removed link, for the latest Apolyton Edition click here.

Where can I find the dlls. In the thread mentioned above, the Q67-entry is empty...
                DLL's:

But remember you don't need these dll's if you're using the AE, I think they're already included in the AE.
                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 17:15.

Comment

Many thanx!

Is there an official Website too, where I can find the newest Playtest-Version of AE?

Comment

Many thanx!

Is there an official Website too, where I can find the newest Playtest-Version of AE?
                    You're already on the "official" site

The newest AE will always be in the first post of the latest "Playtest" thread in this forum:

or in my signature.

Comment

Maybe I need some glasses...but I do not find the Download. Not in the thread, not on your site.

I see...."Here is the latest revision 849:" in the thread.....but no download-Link.

On your site, I see: "Apolyton Edition, User Manual, Credits...." but no download-Link for the latest Archive.

Please be my glasses

Bastian

P.S.: Btw...I just started a PBEM-Game with a friend. Can I use the upcoming releases with that Game? Will it be compatible?
                      Last edited by bastain; May 6, 2008, 09:04.

Comment

Maybe I need some glasses...but I do not find the Download. Not in the thread, not on your site.

I see...."Here is the latest revision 849:" in the thread.....but no download-Link.

On your site, I see: "Apolyton Edition, User Manual, Credits...." but no download-Link for the latest Archive.
                        It's in my signature (the writing under each my posts), not my website

Latest AE archive:

Edit: Removed link, for the latest Apolyton Edition click here.

P.S.: Btw...I just started a PBEM-Game with a friend. Can I use the upcoming releases with that Game? Will it be compatible?
                        If the PBEM game was started with the CtP2 Apolyton Edition it should be fine.
                        Last edited by Martin Gühmann; May 24, 2008, 17:15.

Comment

Looks like I thought it was enough just to quote the latest release post with the link, unfortunately the quotes appear in blue and the links appear in blue, too.

Anyway I fixed that post.

-Martin
                          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Since the new version of AE, there is a "bug" at the end of the turn in PBEM-Game. In the Message-Popup-Window after my turn stands "unserer großen Herscherin" on one bitton and "zeist" on the other.

In the last version (german version too) stands "Spiel beenden" (end game) and somethin else.

Weird...

Bastian

Comment

Since the new version of AE, there is a "bug" at the end of the turn in PBEM-Game. In the Message-Popup-Window after my turn stands "unserer großen Herscherin" on one bitton and "zeist" on the other.

In the last version (german version too) stands "Spiel beenden" (end game) and somethin else.

Weird...

Bastian

Comment

Working...
                              X