BTS: Where are my city walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS: Where are my city walls?

I've finally upgraded from Vanilla to BtS and have run across something that I don't see mentioned in the bugs list. After capturing a city, I no longer have the option to build walls in that city. This tends to throw a big dent in being able to defent newly acquired territory. Is this a bug or did something change in BtS that I didn't see in the documentation?

Does it still have walls?
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Do you have Rifling?
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
        Do you have Rifling?
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yes, I had rifling. I guess I am confused by the Civilopedia entry because it says "Obsolete except for defensive bonus", which doesn't make sense because that is the only benefit of having them. (Also, from a realism standpoint, I'm not clear as to why ME having rifling obsoletes the wall if my opponent doesn't, but anyway...) So I guess could somebody explain exactly how the obsolence works now?

Comment

Once you have Rifling, you can't build any more Walls. (Or any UBs based on it.)
            In addition, the UB part of the those based on Walls also stops.

But the defensive bonus against non-Gun Powder units remains.
            Which is several techs before Rifling so it was effectively obsolete long before you reached that tech.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Obsolete means "You no longer can build the item, and no longer gain any bonuses from it, unless otherwise stated". This includes:
              * Culture
              * GP points
              * Money
              * Bonuses to GPs/Buildings/etc.
              (and everything else)
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i thought you could still get culture from obsolete buildings? don't walls and castles stick around and make culture even after their defense expires?
                By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I remember you from the AOL forums.

Comment

heh, those were some good times!
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I belive what Snoopy is refering to on culture is the percentage modifier associated to the Stelle UB (based on the Monument) which does go away; the fixed culture points stay.

And also note with regards to GPP that he's only refering to buildings and not wonders.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                        And also note with regards to GPP that he's only refering to buildings and not wonders.
                        Are there any buildings but wonders giving GPP and being obsolete one day ?

Comment

Working...
                        X