Select ALL Units, Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hauptman
    There is an option to automaticly promote units, but I wouldnt recomend it...

If you really want to speed up the game because it takes too long to select units... upgrade hardware...

My empires are incredibly huge in most games on huge maps, and I have no issues with lag delay... But I had an extra $600 bones to spend and I also happen to prefer micromanagement.
    I agree that that is an option; my system is a bit dated but not THAT bad. AMD Sempron 3200 w/1.25GB RAM.

It also has to do with the built-in lag time that it seems to have. I think the most evident place would be in the 'end turn' button/signal. It also has to do with repetitive behaviour. For someone who works in IT for example, the last thing you want to do for fun is do the same thing more than once.

--------
    I did see that option in the options menu but I do not think it gives you much control over what promotion a unit receives. You might, for example, want a different promotion on a jet than you would on a defensive infantry unit.

Comment

Or even from my military city, I'll be cranking out inf. with the same promotions but one in every 7 or 8 I want a double medic to send to the different fronts.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't forget about the Rally Points... I don't recall specifically how to do them (something around select city, ctrl+click somewhere else?) but I'm fairly sure you can do a general rally point also for all cities. Then you have all created units coming to one place, and you can do things to them there
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by ejafus

I agree that that is an option; my system is a bit dated but not THAT bad. AMD Sempron 3200 w/1.25GB RAM.

It also has to do with the built-in lag time that it seems to have.
          ...Yeah, it really is THAT bad...I'd be suprised if it can play anything other than small map sizes...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill

...Yeah, it really is THAT bad...I'd be suprised if it can play anything other than small map sizes...
            Ok.... That seems a bit mean.

Especially since the game requirements are for an 80% smaller CPU with 500% less RAM and the exact same video card.

But ok....

...I know I'm getting old and no longer willing to getting the latest in gaming technology.... sigh....

...oh the humanity!...

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              If they're all already on build network option and just sitting in a city since they ran out of things to connect, won't they automatically wake up and start building railroads?
              Certainly, but they build what they want, not the RR from my main unit production city to where I most likely need those units, or that one city, which is building a wonder, and could use the extra shields from mines and lumbermills.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I'm with Tattila. The first thing I want to railroad is a network between my most at-risk cities and my potentially-needed reinforcements, the second are mines in cities that need the production, the third is a network between all my other cities, and fourth is everywhere else.

If you just leave them on automate they tend to do that #4 priority intermixed with everything else, which is pretty bad in my book. When you consider it might even cost me a city or two (if I am DOWed at the wrong time), then it's a pretty hefty risk to leave them on auto.

Wodan

Comment

What are the shortcut keys to upgrade one kind of unit around your empire?

Are these shortcut keys set out somewhere? I've tried to look in the Civilopedia "Hints" but my eyes start to water about the tenth line down.
                  Jack

Comment

Select one of those units, Hold down alt while hovering over the upgrade button and you will see how much it will cost, click and it will upgrade all units of that type.
                    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by ejafus

Ok.... That seems a bit mean.

Especially since the game requirements are for an 80% smaller CPU with 500% less RAM and the exact same video card.

But ok....

...I know I'm getting old and no longer willing to getting the latest in gaming technology.... sigh....

...oh the humanity!...
                      Unfortunately the gaming requirements are not ... useful. Minimum real specs are 2GHz processor, 1GB ram, and a much better video card (hopefully you don't have the exact min spec video card, in which case this is 100% definitely your problem). Even that won't run a HUGE map smoothly due to massive memory requirements for such a large map...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Talking about videocards, I had two 7600Gt's on an SLI setup, and the game was smooth a silk. Now I have one 9600 gt, and it's a bit jittery. Wonder what gives? Drivers not yet up to task?

And I still run out of grfx-memory on occasion, which is annoying...
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                        X