Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quests

Dear all,

i think that the quests sometimes appear are in general very difficult to complete.you must play in large map in order to be lets say possible to do it.in small map i m playing it is nealry impossible.
    what should i change in the xml to make the quests to be easier to complete?
    for example the warships quest needs 18 triremes ofr its completion.it s abig number,how can we make need only 1 or two triremes to complete the quest?
    Last edited by aracuan_76; April 14, 2008, 07:25.

Read this thread:

I'm fairly sure quests scale with map size, by the way... generally they are very hard to complete and in most cases they're just ignored, but some do offer a nice prize for something you'd do anyway.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

And some require you to do this, that, declare war on him... And give ten goldpieces for completion.

I've often gotten that trireme-thing, while ladlocked on OCC...
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        Read this thread:

I'm fairly sure quests scale with map size, by the way... generally they are very hard to complete and in most cases they're just ignored, but some do offer a nice prize for something you'd do anyway.
        they certainly do scale with map size. the golden number for a standard size map is usually 7- 7 libraries, 7 harbors, 7 triremes, etc. i think this is pretty well balanced, 7 is usually enough to be inconvenient but far from impossible.

Comment

Read this thread:

My exact criteria for quests. Complete them if they're something I'd do anyway. Otherwise you'll get sidetracked and fall behind for small rewards.
          And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Usually I'll get a quest that's just too inconvenient for me to pursue... like the 'settle the seas' quest or w/e its called... settle 12 landmasses.

I don't think so bud.

I LOVE the castle quest tho. If I ever get it, it's often to easy and quick to throw up walls and castles in those cities minus them. And the rep+ reward is great, or even better if you have the Great Wall... something like +25 sneaky-spy points.

Comment

When playing Civ and in life in general I will never refuse a challenge. If you think I can't take ten shots of that then I'll do fifteen and get your girlfriend while I'm at it. If you think I can't fix that radiator I'll do you one better and build a new one. When you have this kind of attitude, you won't hide like a girl when someone tells you to build 7 libraries on a standard map. You will sacrifice the game if you have to, but you will build five times that many libraries and quit to Windows a proud man with some dignity.

Comment

Okay, that works for me.

I challenge you to be nice to Asher for a month

Comment

Comment

help....!

Hello again,thank you guys for replying to me.
                    but the problem still exists.i have seen this guide from solver,but it does not say the number required.and is NOT only seven.
                    i m playing archipelago map,small world,emperor dificulty,epic speedand every time the quest apperas,it wants 18 harbors,or 18 colloseums(league sports)or 18 triremes,etc.
                    if you built 18 triremes,you ll stay behind in city improvements.also,i m playing this map with all available vicilizations,(18) to have at most 2-3 citites of my own and my rivals-allies to contol better my own cities and their cities.
                    and its not anly that:guns no better also require 18,horse whispering the same.we can not built so many harbors,(18) or libraries(18)_ or castles(18).i need an option that sais to built in all of your cities libraries,or,a much smaller number!where you think that i can change this?

Comment

Playing on a small map with 18 civs will never be balanced for quests, that's way too small.

Solver's guide points you to how to edit the XML file - it should be defined in there how many is required, I would suspect. If not, then it may be an element of the Map size info xml file, the name of such I have forgotten but it's something like CivWorldSizeInfo.xml or something like that (in the general Info xml directory).

Comment

Playing on a small map with 18 civs will never be balanced for quests, that's way too small.
                        actually, it won't really be balanced for anything. so many civs on such a small map will make even high difficulties trivial.

Comment

Actually, I've found tons of civs on smaller maps easier to win at the higher levels. Especially with the agressive AI setting
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I HAVE FOUND IT!!!!

GREAT NEWS !!!!
                            i have found from where this number varies!
                            first of all thank you for your help!
                            it doesnt change from the eventi nfos or trigger infos,but from the size world as you have suspected!
                            i change this value to 2 for normal and now i need only 2 triremes,or 2 mustemans etc!
                            now the quests can be completed without staying back in other things!
                            THANK YOUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              Actually, I've found tons of civs on smaller maps easier to win at the higher levels. Especially with the agressive AI setting
                              That's what he was saying (tons of civs on a small map is trivial to win at)

Comment

Working...
                              X