Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will CivRev be available for PC as well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will CivRev be available for PC as well?

Hi there,
    I've visited the official pages of the new game and it says (sic) 'We will be shipping all versions of the game (DS, Xbox 360, and PS3) on June 2nd'... does it mean that CivRev will not be available for the PC???

Pretty much. There has been no announcements claiming a PC version, but I wouldn't be shocked if 6 months down the road it magically appeared either.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

The official word has been and continues to be that CivRev will never come to the PC.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

As far as I can tell CivRev is mostly a modified version of civ4 that has been, streamlined i suppose is the polite word, to work with consoles and the DS.

I really doubt it'll have any appeal to people who can already play civ4.
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

The podcast makes it clear they want the highend graphics that you can only get with the latest consoles.

It appears to be dead as a PC game.

It's like coming full circle for me, my first civ game was Civ 1 on SNES over 15 years ago!
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I don't know changing it to work on PC shouldn't be that hard if it works on a PC. I'm pretty sure they would make more money by porting it to the PC than it would cost.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Come on people surley there are loads of people who would pay money to play a Xbox 360 rip off of CivRev on the PC?

I know I would buy one.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Well those that actualy read this part of the forum most probarbly already own some of the supported formats. For my part I have already orderd it to my DS.
                What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I'm fairly confident it would cost more money than it would be worth to port it to the PC, at least until an X360 emulator is available Not only do most people who might buy this own a console already, but even those who don't, there are not THAT many who would play CivRev; and beyond that, you certainly drastically underestimate the costs of developing something for the PC.
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Man a 360 Emulator would be a nightmare, not as bad as a PS3 emulator but still. I mean the 3 cores in the 360 would mean that any PC that isn't a Quad-Core would be screwed. That and the way the 360's ram is set up to allow fast access to the video card would be hard to compensate for on the PC. And even if you had a monster rig to run this emulator (emulators always require much high specs than the machines they are emulating) you would never get it to connect to Xbox Live. PCs are also not setup to handle certain 360 texture formats and tileing.

Sorry just wanted to pause for a second and think about what an insane effort it would take to emulate any current-gen console on a PC. Of course porting the game would be another story. But, Firaxis really has nothing to gain by porting it. You may as well be playing Civ4.

Comment

Working...
                    X