Which are fun nations to play in EU3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which are fun nations to play in EU3?

Which countries are fun to play starting at the earliest possible date (I think its around 1460 or something)? I like to guide a nation for as long as possible and enjoy long games, I don’t think I would really like later starts Also what is the “best” way to play them?

I am playing EU3 with the Napoleon’s Ambition expansion.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Firstly, you should get the mod Magna Mundi Gold. It makes the game 100x better and more fun to play. With it, I've had some fun campaigns with Muscowy(later Russia). France and England is fun too. If you'd like a challenge with the HRE, Austria or Brandeburg is a good choice.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

If you're a ship nut (I am), Portugal is fun too.

Comment

Hehe, mod in the Byzantines at Constantinople in 1453 and try to hold off the Turks!
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I
          Hehe, mod in the Byzantines at Constantinople in 1453 and try to hold off the Turks!
          I understand a new expansion will extend the game to an earlier date. So soon there will be no need to mod in the Byzantines.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

I understand a new expansion will extend the game to an earlier date. So soon there will be no need to mod in the Byzantines.
            Really? Now that does interest me. Do go on.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I

Really? Now that does interest me. Do go on.
              Europa Universalis III: In Nomine

# Start in October 1399, at the coronation of Henry IV of England. Experience over 50 more years of gameplay, experiencing the Byzantine Empire, Tamerlane and the end of the Hundred Years War.

# See exactly what is required to make the decisions that will shape the future of your country. Strive to create Great Britain, Make Paris worth a Mass, or institute an East Indian Trade Company. Act, rather than react, and implement decisions on both country and province level, with the new decision system, including hundreds of different decisions depending on situation.

# Experience our new Mission System, where the player and AI will both be given goals to achieve, providing endless replayability by guiding history along different tracks every time.

# In Nomine will feature Rebels with a Cause. There are countless types of rebels, with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels in your colonies determined to get representation or independence, you may get reactionary nobles rising up to put the serfs back where the belong. Crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or even worse, watch them enforce their demands on your country.

# Religious tolerance now depends on the ideas and decisions you take, making it a new layer of strategy. As cardinals stay loyal longer, the power of the Papal Controller has grown, as he can now excommunicate rulers, and call crusades against infidels.

# Revised AI, focusing on strategic toplevel goals, with support for fully scriptable logics.

# Dozens of more gameplay features, including new colonial system, elections in republics, scorched earth & new spy missions,

Its anticipated to be released before the summer of 2008.

First link I found

Comment

Working...
              X