Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Armies

I am playing a scenario, and have an Army formed from a Military Leader

My question is it possible once an Army is "built" to "unload" the units within and put more powerful units in its place?

Next, is it possible to upgrade the units within the Army?

Thanks in advance

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

~bumping~

Hoping for an answer

Comment

Uh...

I believe that answer is no, and no.

Unless something changed in a patch somewhere along the way. Once in, they're in, and no upgrades.

It was a common practice, at least for me, to only put 2 units in and a higher tech unit in later as a result.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Uh...

I believe that answer is no, and no.

Unless something changed in a patch somewhere along the way. Once in, they're in, and no upgrades.

It was a common practice, at least for me, to only put 2 units in and a higher tech unit in later as a result.

Thanks a lot!

I also figured the same No & No

But thought maybe I missed an advance that would allow later

GT

Comment

Correct you cannot change or upgrade units in an army. There was a brief period where it was possible, but that was fixed.

Comment

You can always build a new army after you finished the military academy. You will need an army for that. First make a middle-age infantry army. Later on you can add one calvary to it. Calvary armies always work. They can be used with cruise missiles later. I stay away from tank armies if I can. I like the synthetic armor type much better. Mech Inf. armies are ok for important cities in a good epic game. Try four civilizations on a huge map with extended time with a lot of land but enough sea where a modern navy is needed. . .

Comment

Just trying to see if I can get an SG save hosted:

Edit I have deleted this file.
              Last edited by vmxa1; July 20, 2008, 16:41.

Comment

posting save update

Lets see if this works:

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but if you build the pentagon you can at least load four units to your army instead of three. So thats an extra unit in all of your armies for you.

But im not really sure about this one though

Comment

Yes you can add a 4th unit to an army, once you have the Pentagon. Note you may not want a 4th unit in a situation where you need to send the army overseas.

In that case, if you do not have transports yet, you can not ship a 4 man army.

Comment

right, good point. The caravel is the first 3person transporter , right ?

Comment

in other words, the first ship to be able to transport 3-armies.

You can always add once you get to the New World (the other continent)!

Comment

Originally posted by simspacey
                          right, good point. The caravel is the first 3person transporter , right ?
                          Ehrm, caravels isn't enough - you need Galleons to transport a three unit army. An army consists of the leader plus the units.

Note, I'm talking about C3C, not plain C3, so it may be different there
                          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

It is the same in vanilla as C3C. An army is 1 for the leader and 1 for each unit in the army. Caravel is 3 units, so 2 many armies is the limit.

Transports are different in vanilla as they hold 8, but in C3C it was dropped to 6. Still they can hold a 4x army.

Comment

Working...
                            X