3rd expansion after BTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd expansion after BTS?

Have I heard wrong or has it been decided that there will be a 3rd expansion to CivIV?
    "Can we get a patch that puts Palin under Quayle?" - Theben

I'm pretty sure you heard wrong. If there was any kind of reliable news on this, it'd be all over this site, believe me
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

All I can really say is that IF there were a third expansion pack, then Firaxis had better be careful what they do to MP to not piss off the MPers.

Well, that or just disregard the entire MP base which is the cureent why they seem to be going.
      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Hmm..... piss of a couple thousand MP'ers, or please half a million SP'ers.

I know where I'd throw MY money!

As for a new XP? I seriously doubt it. I think BTS will be the end of Civ4. I think Firaxis will want to work on non-Civ projects for a few years, then in 2010 we'll start to hear about Civ5.

That's my 2c.

Comment

No more time wasting on an XP. The existing XP + all the mods covered already everything you can get out of the civ4 baseline. When did Civ4 come out again? It is time to create a new baseline

Comment

I say The Incans where right...it wil be 2012
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

starting on civ5 in 2010 is too late.
              I think they'll start shortly after C4C has been released, for a release in 2010.

civ1: 1991
              civ2: 1996
              civ3: 2001
              civ4: 2005
              civ5: 2010...?

In fact civ4 came 1 year too early.
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                starting on civ5 in 2010 is too late.
                I think they'll start shortly after C4C has been released, for a release in 2010.
                Or perhaps late 2009. Takes almost as much time to get there, but it sounds better.

And it is a little sooner.
                The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I think we need an Alpha Centauri 2 first
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                    I think we need an Alpha Centauri 2 first
                    I liked AC very much too

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRunX
                      Ive just started on a new server wildhammer with a view to getting an undead warrior to 60 for the expansion, im hoping it will address some of the problems I have with end-game
                      I have a feeling you are referring to World of Warcraft, aren't you?
                      The education of a man is never completed until he dies. --Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                      X