Editing a save game file in Single Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing a save game file in Single Player

In only the single player mode, I enjoy long games.

I was wondering if its possible to edit a game under way, such as say I find a very bad area of terrain, and wanted to adjust it to a better and more forgiving conditions, is it possible?

Next, is it possible to change the total turn time from 1000 to another number?

I am playing strictly conquest, if I am playing conquest, am I able to exceed the 1000 turns?

Thanks, its been awhile and was trying to refresh my memory!

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Greetings GT aka Bruce.

Trust you and the Missus and the Grandkids are all doing well.

In answer to your question(s), I have no idea. Sorry, but I am not the technically savvy type. Suggest you try snoopy369.

Cheers!!! Beta/Bruce
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Beta
      Greetings GT aka Bruce.

Trust you and the Missus and the Grandkids are all doing well.

In answer to your question(s), I have no idea. Sorry, but I am not the technically savvy type. Suggest you try snoopy369.

Cheers!!! Beta/Bruce
      Thanks

It looks like I will be ahead of game by simply using editor and fixing map to be more forgiving from beginning.

be well to your family as well!

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
        In only the single player mode, I enjoy long games.

I was wondering if its possible to edit a game under way, such as say I find a very bad area of terrain, and wanted to adjust it to a better and more forgiving conditions, is it possible?

Next, is it possible to change the total turn time from 1000 to another number?

I am playing strictly conquest, if I am playing conquest, am I able to exceed the 1000 turns?

Thanks, its been awhile and was trying to refresh my memory!

Gramps
        8 years later still no answer

~sigh~

I have all sorts of editor threads that I have read and reviewed, alas no answer.

I can use the CIVIII MULTI TOOL to alter many factions of the game however cannot change terrain in game.

If anyone see this and has an answer, please fire off an answer!

Regards

Gramps

Comment

I Might Have An Answer

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
          8 years later still no answer

~sigh~

I have all sorts of editor threads that I have read and reviewed, alas no answer.

I can use the CIVIII MULTI TOOL to alter many factions of the game however cannot change terrain in game.

If anyone see this and has an answer, please fire off an answer!

Regards

Gramps
          Check out Quintillus' Editor (it runs circles around the standard) at CFC - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=377188

Cheers (and only "here" every once in a gazillion years or so - the community at CFC is quite active),
          Oz
          ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Make sure you download latest version of the mentioned Quantilus editor (ConquestsEditor1.05) because I was having trouble loading save games with the previous version. To use have to open the escenario and then import from SAV the saved game. You can then edit terrain and other things. Don't know about having more than 1000 turns though. But what I usually do when one of my saves is nearing the last turn is simply edit it with another editor, I think it's the CIVIII Multitool one) turning back the date to some earlier date, which is another way of adding more turns to a saved game.
            Khartoum, Sudan Wars 1883-85
            an Epic of the Wars in the Sudan
            A new mod for CIV III Conquests Finally HERE !

Comment

I have not played CIV III Conquests in years, have been toying with reinstalling again.
              I really enjoy playing single player scenarios where I can play an hour here or there or several hours with no pressure to get a save out or meet up at a certain time for MP. I may look into this Editor. For the record I always enjoyed the CIV II Conquest Editor for things like road movement or terrain upgrades bonus and such.

Take care

Gramps

Comment

I'm Quintillus - but forgot my password a few years ago and no longer had my original e-mail account, so I created a new one with the next Roman emperor's name instead. To answer more definitively - my editor does not allow modifying any save games. I actually started writing code for handling save games a month or two ago, but it isn't ready yet, and I don't spent nearly as much time on the editor as I did in 2009 - 2011. And unfortunately, I'm not aware of any other way to change the terrain in an existing save game, or to increase the overall scenario turn limit beyond 1000.

However, the 1000 limit is for turns for a scenario - there's anything preventing playing beyond 1000 turns unofficially. And with some help from a weight on the Enter key, I just verified that now to be sure of it.

Comment

Working...
                X