April Fools 2008: OTCast Episode 01 -- "A Bit Chippy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Fools 2008: OTCast Episode 01 -- "A Bit Chippy"

April Fools!: This is, in fact, a PolyCast special and not the start of another podcast. Thanks to those who knew and kept this secret and to the many who have taken this in good humour.

Were this an on-topic discussion, a comment along the lines of "the programming is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding programming" would be appropriate. Instead, "plus one" seems fitting. Be it in reverence, irreverence or somewhere in between the recurring and completely Off-Topic (OT) OTCast (OC) podcast begins its insanity today with "A Bit Chippy" (51m41s). PolyCast (PC) regular co-host Imran Siddiqui takes the lead on this panel, joined by fellow Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) staff members Ming and rah along with ACS community member notyoueither.

Like its adaptations of some of its siblings' segments, OC's release schedule will be more relaxed by following a recurring as opposed to a bi-weekly pattern that PC and ModCast (MC) do. ACS Chief Owner/Administrator Daniel "DanQ" Quick makes a cameo. Ming and rah have previously guested on PC while, like Siddiqui, Quick is one of that show's regulars. Guest co-host possibilities will begin to be entertained in the near future to add to the format's entertainment value.

ACS is the only known website to produce its own Civ -- and now 'but-not-Civ' -- podcasts.
    Last edited by DanQ; April 2, 2008, 00:15.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Summary of Topics

- 02m14s | News [1 of 3]
      Whether or not the splintering of Apolyton's "Off-Topic" forum was a good idea. Should the 'History', 'Technology' and 'Sports' sub-forums be folded back (or a combination thereof)? Then, the ever polarizing issue of the federal 2008 United States Election.
    - 15m25s | Time Machine
      Remembering the old days when the "Off-Topic" forum was divided into one for Civilization II and the other Civilization: Call to Power.
    - 19m31s | Forum Talk [1 of 3]
      he perpetual "how much does Calgary suck?" theme leads and four specific threads come next. "You've Come a Long Way Baby", "Poly Admin Has POLL...", "Pro golfer charged with animal cruelty" and "I invited a girl for supper...". Mention of "How is the economy?" threads follows.
    - 22m05s | Mailbag
      Guessing the name of a movie that a particular co-host put to the Apolyton community (hint #2, #3 and #4).
    - 23m25s | News [2 of 3]
      The heated debate over private schools in California and buying titles in Sealand. Striking down blasphemy laws in then raised.
    - 29m55s | Forum Talk [2 of 3]
      Amongst other oddities, how and why in the world would this show be claimed in the name of the Governor General of Canada.
    - 36m03s | News [3 of 3]
      Many German soliders are too fat with reference to an apparent end of cheap food.
    - 39m27s | Forum Talk [3 of 3]
      The creativity of OT thread titles such as "Drunkithreadi I" and in usernames too including how 'notyoueither' came about.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

How can you call this OTcast when you don't include any notable OT posters?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Are you volunteering to host OTCast 04?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Drunkithreadi I
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I would not be opposed in participating in an OT Cast, provided I get veto power if it's only filled with people lacking any personality as this one seems to be.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Do you have the Siddiqui guy in some sort of sweat shop making all these Modcasts and OTFCasts and Polycasts for you?

I also find the outline of this podcast "a bit creepy."

Comment

"Approval" from Asher and Wiglaf in record time ... I pronounce the newest Polycast to be a success already
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You couldn't pay me to listen to Imran, Ming, Rah, Dan, and NYE talking together. Good God.

Comment

"A Bit Creepy" would be a good name for the OTcast series.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ummmmm "Drunkithreadi" is not a misspelling
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It has to be. I wouldn't spell that way when I'm sober.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

OTCast! Taking podcasting to even greater depths heights!
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

I'm not actually interested in this that much, but thanks for taking the OT stuff out of the Pod/Mod-casts.
                            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

April fools!

Right?
                              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                              X