Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VII Da da da, da da daa, da da da, da daa da daa

Eric Nystrom is a god. His name will live forever, or at least as long as people watch Slap Shot.

Previous Episodes
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: Preseason
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: Draft II
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: III Revenge of the Undrafted
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: IV The Rookie Menace
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: V Blades of Glory
    AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 07/08: VI They brought their ****in' toys with 'em!
    Last edited by notyoueither; March 6, 2008, 01:32.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

btw, I went to go see the Caps blow out the Bruins 10-2 on Monday.

Ovechkin had a hat trick in the first period.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yeah, that Nystrom vid is amazing. TSN was airing a side-by-side comparison with the Slapshot video, and it's dead on.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

This is a cool stat: rebounds (and subsequent goals) against per team (season to date):

Back in February we looked at which NHL teams were generating those precious rebound shots , dangerous offensive opportunities wherin a play...

Calgary leads the league with 77 rebounds (tie with SJ). Vancouver has 83. Montreal 111. Ottawa 119. Toronto 120. Edmonton 124.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What's even more interesting is how many goals were scored off rebounds. Chicago leads that stat, 17 goals allowed off 96 rebounds (middle of the road there). I wonder why that is?
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The Canucks continue to build momentum: 4 straight losses, and now Ohlund is potentially out for the season with "bone chips in his left knee".

Comment

Erik Ersberg

He may be LA's sixth goalie this season, but he may be a keeper after shutting out Ottawa with 40 saves.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                This is a cool stat: rebounds (and subsequent goals) against per team (season to date):

Back in February we looked at which NHL teams were generating those precious rebound shots , dangerous offensive opportunities wherin a play...

Calgary leads the league with 77 rebounds (tie with SJ). Vancouver has 83. Montreal 111. Ottawa 119. Toronto 120. Edmonton 124.
                I'm not surprised about Montreal's bad number. Huet gave a lot of rebounds.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Price gives good rebounds. He seems to only give up goals on first shots, which is a mixed blessing.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Indeed Montreal's rebound-scored percentage is also decent, 31/111 or around 27.9%. That's slighly under Calgary's percentage, for example, 22/77 or 28.6%. So, Price/Huet give up significantly more rebounds, but are about equally good at stopping them to Kipper, for example.

I wonder if it's an element of goaltending style, also (Butterfly vs whatever the other one is? or something else?). You'll notice there is a cluster of teams aroun Montreal with 'good' goaltenders, but lots of rebound-shots, but a good goals-allowed-per-rebound percentage:
                    New Jersey (103/26)
                    Anaheim (104/21!)
                    Buffalo (107/24)
                    Montreal (111/31)
                    Carolina (113/32)
                    Philly (114/30)
                    Atlanta (117/33)
                    Pittsburgh (124/30)
                    Edmonton (124/33)
                    amongst a bunch of teams with much worse percentages of 30%+ (Toronto 120/41, Kings 144/50, Panthers 147/40, Ottowa 119/39, etc.)

Do some goalies play a style that involves giving up more rebounds, but are still good enough that they end up catching more rebounds? Or, are some goalies so good that they get to pucks that other goalies normally wouldn't get to, but as it's a very tough reach they end up giving a rebound as a result?

Comment

Another Vancouver game, and more douchebaggery...

This time it's Bieksa.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        Indeed Montreal's rebound-scored percentage is also decent, 31/111 or around 27.9%. That's slighly under Calgary's percentage, for example, 22/77 or 28.6%. So, Price/Huet give up significantly more rebounds, but are about equally good at stopping them to Kipper, for example.

I wonder if it's an element of goaltending style, also (Butterfly vs whatever the other one is? or something else?). You'll notice there is a cluster of teams aroun Montreal with 'good' goaltenders, but lots of rebound-shots, but a good goals-allowed-per-rebound percentage:
                        New Jersey (103/26)
                        Anaheim (104/21!)
                        Buffalo (107/24)
                        Montreal (111/31)
                        Carolina (113/32)
                        Philly (114/30)
                        Atlanta (117/33)
                        Pittsburgh (124/30)
                        Edmonton (124/33)
                        amongst a bunch of teams with much worse percentages of 30%+ (Toronto 120/41, Kings 144/50, Panthers 147/40, Ottowa 119/39, etc.)

Do some goalies play a style that involves giving up more rebounds, but are still good enough that they end up catching more rebounds? Or, are some goalies so good that they get to pucks that other goalies normally wouldn't get to, but as it's a very tough reach they end up giving a rebound as a result?
                        Yes, the style of play has a big effect. The goalies that came from the San Jose School of Goalies (tm) coached by Warren Strelow (Kiprusoff, Nabokov, Toskala -- he also coached Brodeur in his formative NHL years) tend to have outstanding rebound control. Instead of old-school **** like stacking-the-pads, or lots of blocker saves, etc they're far more likely to be positionally very sound and glove the save down.

Comment

Yet Brodeur gave up quite a few rebounds (well, about halfway up the list, but a lot for a 'top' goalie)... is he just getting old and/or has a crappy defense?

Comment

The beginning of the season he wasn't that good at all. That makes a big difference.

Comment

Ah, okay. I don't follow the Devils much, except when Brodeur kicks my *** in FHL

Comment

Working...
                              X