PolyCast "Focus: Civilization Revolution" Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PolyCast "Focus: Civilization Revolution" Special

Focus: 'Civilization: Revolution' with Elizabeth '2K Elizabeth' Tobey In late January of this year, Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS) administrators Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Wouter "Locutus" Snijders spoke with 2K Games Community Manager Elizabeth "2K Elizabeth" Tobey about Civilization: Revolution which the company will be publishing come this June. The duo posed questions from the ACS staff and several forum users on-site and elsewhere to learn more about the game, the industry that they are all involved in and about Tobey herself.

Entitled "Focus: Civilization: Revolution", it is being released as a special edition of PolyCast (PC), an official podcast of ACS. Quick is one of PC's regular co-hosts and Snijders a regular on its sibling show ModCast. Total runtime is 52m27s. PolyCast is also the collective banner for both series. Note that this feature was recorded prior to CivRev's release date becoming public or the revelation that the Wii port had been put on indefinite hold.

Reception to this work will in part bear whether or not such future profiles on CivRev will be produced in lead-up to, and possibly after, the game's completion and public availability.
    Last edited by DanQ; April 8, 2008, 19:19.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

First off, I need to look at the titles of polycasts before trying to discuss them. Since I get everything from iTunes I don't pay attention to the titles, so I was having a lot of trouble figuring out which polycast this was. I was looking in the numbered polycasts. Having said that...

This was a really good podcast. Being someone who will not buy a DS made me hesitant to finish listening to this one once I realized it was entirely about CivRev. The co-host did a great job of explaining it and I was really impressed. I'm hoping to get a Wii later this year, so if CivRev is made for the Wii, consider it bought!

Great episode and I'm rather shocked there isn't more discussion here.
    Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

Doesn't exist on the Polycast page, but going by Dan's VERY predictable naming conventions you can get it here:

Comment

My iTunes subscription seems to pick up every podcast, hence the reason I got this one. I first found out about the OTCast when iTunes downloaded it.

Keep up the good work!
        Civ4 CFC Hall of Fame: Forums, Rules, FAQ, Tables, Email: hof.civfanatics@gmail.com

Comment

iTunes is for girls. Real men manually download.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
            Real men manually download.
            Once you're married, that's the only way...

Comment

Originally posted by Methos

Once you're married, that's the only way...
              That's so true.

First thing my missus did on my computer was install iTunes.

And after my first kid I had to start manually downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                Doesn't exist on the Polycast page,
                Yes it does, in fact, and/but has since been archived there. Given that this prompted me to update the link in my opening post accordingly.

but going by Dan's VERY predictable naming conventions...
                -- I take that as a compliment. Naming conventions should be consistent ... that is something which admittedly hasn't always been the case on-site but has for PolyCast.

Originally posted by Methos
                This was a really good podcast.

Being someone who will not buy a DS made me hesitant to finish listening to this one once I realized it was entirely about CivRev. The co-host did a great job of explaining it and I was really impressed. I'm hoping to get a Wii later this year, so if CivRev is made for the Wii, consider it bought!

Great episode [..] Keep up the good work!

I'm rather shocked there isn't more discussion here.
                -- the thread 2K_Elizabeth herself created on this on the game's official forums has no comments in it to date (and less than 200 views). Not much feedback over on CFC for that matter to date either (and less than 300 views on that thread). This thread has been viewed much more than those two combined, but still as you say...

As for the other.... downloading, remember this is a family friendly thread.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

comments are very funny of this post!
                  Necklaces

Comment

A well priced expansion given the amount of additions if I do say so.
                    ASI...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                      iTunes is for girls. Real men manually download.
                      Hey thats rude! I also download manually.

Comment

Sounds Good...

Comment

The co-host did a great job of explaining it and I was really impressed. I'm hoping to get a Wii later this year, so if CivRev is made for the Wii, consider it bought!

Comment

I first found out about the OTCast when iTunes downloaded it.
                            animated funny picturesfunny pranks
                            funny cats

Comment

marriot reward premier visa signature
                              Marriot reward Premier Visa Credit Card id one of the Finest card for the one having low annual fee. It's Perfect for the person who ...

Comment

Working...
                              X