Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC hacked!

And not by us!

The only reason I am posting is that all files uploaded onto CFC's database since July 23, 2007 have been deleted. This means 7 months worth of mods are no longer downloadable from CFC.

Just thought I'd tell everybody so any modders here who use CFC's download database and people who use mods from CFC would know.

On Sunday at around 2 PM EST, the forum server was compromised and the hacker was able to delete the content of the "uploads" and "downloads" folders on the forum server. The "uploads" folder is used by Easy Uploads and the "downloads" folder is used by the Downloads Database. So far our host...
    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
    The video may avatar is from

WTF is CFC?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

BTW so we are denying involvement thus far? Ok, we could go with that. Even though I think we should take the opportunity provided by this succestul strike and use our nuclear weapons for something other than just backing our words.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

The hackers left a message that was something like "Hacked by Zarox"

We have yet to accused of any wrongdoing.
        USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
        The video may avatar is from

Comment

It was me
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You shouldn't say that.

And why would it be assumed that Poly had anything to do with it? Most of the major posters frequent both forums, and AFAIK, there's no ill-will between the two sites.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              It was me
              Your hacker name suck! ...
              bleh

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; December 31, 2010, 16:00.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Re: CFC hacked!

Originally posted by Will
                  And not by us!

The only reason I am posting is that all files uploaded onto CFC's database since July 23, 2007 have been deleted. This means 7 months worth of mods are no longer downloadable from CFC.

isn't it a little too early for april fools?
                  My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I was just trying to download a mod, I didn't know what all those funny symbols were, I...I...

I just remembered I gotta go to...yeah...erm...

Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      You shouldn't say that.

And why would it be assumed that Poly had anything to do with it? Most of the major posters frequent both forums, and AFAIK, there's no ill-will between the two sites.
                      Ok, we stick to that story.

Comment

That sucks for the civ community
                        Best wishes to CFC for getting the bastard and recovering as much as possible. (any backups?)
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                          That sucks for the civ community

Best wishes to CFC for getting the bastard and recovering as much as possible. (any backups?)
                          True enough... This would be a great loss to the Civ community, which we are a part of.
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This sucks. It sucks even more that it coincided with bad luck, as it often is - CFC's latest backups are apparently corrupt, which is why the loss spans as far as 7 months back. I hope the modders affected can reupload their files.
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

THIS IS WHAT MODCAST WAS MADE FOR BOYS. MOTHER ****ER! MOTHER ****ER! WE'VE GOT MODS DOWN. WE'VE GOT MODS DOWN. CIVFANATICS IS DOWN. AAHZ, YOU'RE ON TRANSCRIPTION DUTY. SOLVER START SETTING UP SOME MORE FORUMS TO CONTAIN ALL THE TRAFFIC WE'RE GONNA GET. HOOAH LETS MOVE PEOPLE MOVE MOVE

Comment

Working...
                              X