Anybody from Germany here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody from Germany here...

...who's willing to answer my questions?

I'm currently considering moving to Flensburg, Germany. I saw a nice apartment today (nice view, good rooms, closer to work and it's not too expensive)
    ... but there's a few important question I would like to see answered: What internet companies are there, and which are best?
    This space is empty... or is it?

Move to Hamburg instead and pick one among hundreds. Flensburg is province.

Comment

But that would be a bit long way to work, I'm moving there to get closer to work

Comment

Wait till Lancer wakes up in the Philippines. When he was a lad, he was stationed in Germany to protect us from the Red Hoards

Comment

Ja.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH, how long have you been working for the evil ones? News team editor?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Since last year, unfortunately I have never been around in time when there has ever been any news worth spotting That'll teach me to be in Europe. I've been rather neglecting my duties with other stuff going on in my life which is something I was going to sort out this year, alas all this career and real life stuff has come up instead
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Du bist ein apflesaft?
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Try Alice. Cheap and fast and unreliable. But that's what all of them are.

Comment

Except Telekom, which is expensive, fast and reliable, at least in my many years lasting experience.

Comment

Telekom being fast has one exception. This is until you get your connection. Unfortunately Telekom owns almost all domestic accesses and the last three times I wanted Internet, i waited for 3 to 6 weeks until I got it. They try to block competition where possible. Once they were sued and the judge told them that the job could be done in three weeks maximum. Which means they'll let you wait until the last day, when they discover some problem and will let you wait for another three weeks.
                      Unfortunately, when you have a contract with Telekom, they try to do it in one week and get it done in three.

Sorry to say that, but Germany is an undeveloped country in that respect. In France, you'll get your connection within a few hours.
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Sounds like Telekom is the same as danish TDC

Comment

I didn't have such bad experiences. I moved quite a lot in the past, but never had to wait more than 2 weeks, and other than with the other companies my installations actually worked after Telekom was done, unlike the Arcor crap my parents subscribed to.

Sure I run into problems every once in a while, but Telekom has a quite well working hotline, again unlike its cheap competitors.

It's quite expensive, though. I pay 50 Euros per month for an all-inclusive package, which means phone line, unlimited Germany-wide talks and 16 MBit DSL without volume limit. A foreigner doesn't need that of course, but there are less expensive packages too.

Comment

Hi Adagio,

Have you checked already how soon until your work will be taxed in Germany rather than Denmark? I've been considering a move like that myself (although not to Flensburg, though), and if that meant I could keep some more of my hard-earned money within reasonable time, well that would just be peachy, y'know?

Okay, so it was a threadjack all right.

Comment

I haven't checked that, doesn't that depend on where you work? Like if you find a job inside Germany, then you would be paying German taxes from day one? On facebook there's a group called Danish in Flensburg (IIRC), maybe there's some links there where you could find the answer (there might be a group just called Danes in Germany, haven't checked)

Sir Ralph, which ISP's have you had your Internet from?
                              And why is Telekom's homepage so confusing? I tried to find some prices, but I could only find prices for (phone+Internet) flatrate. I couldn't find any pages that showed the different connection speeds and their prices

Comment

Working...
                              X