What's up with diplomacy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with diplomacy?

After not checking on Freeciv for quite some time (since 1.11.4), I absently wander to the site in my boredom and what do I find? Isometric map support, hints of diplomacy, and who knows what goodies. So now, before I spare some of the precious little bandwith I have to download the fresh sources from CVS, I'd like to know what the state of the diplomacy fetures are, as the lack of them have been my primary itch with the game before. Hopefully some brave and wise person will supply my with answers to some of these:

Are there different states now (war, peace, casefire, whatever), or is it still all one continuos undeclared war? Is the AI aweare of these, and does it take treaties into consideration when calculating it's actions? Is diplomatic dialog with AI players possible? If yes, what options are available for dicussion (treaties, exchange of tech, threats, etc)? Is reputation, or some such indicator for the AI to judge you by, implemented?

If any of these are answered on a site, just point me to it. It's late, and I don't feel like reading through the roadmaps and to-do lists right now. Or maby I'm just damn lazy.

There is peace, wars, alliances etc in even 1.11.4 . The AI doesn't know about any of them in either 1.11.4 or CVS.
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Yeah, and I noticed it's on the TODO list as well. I grabbed a snapshot anyway. The isometric view is great. Good job!

Comment

Working...
      X