Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me voices demand.

Wohoo, I am referenced in the rules!

Really, great stuff! Can´t wait for it to start!
    Last edited by Micha; March 11, 2008, 09:34.
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Are you sure town = 1% land is a good idea? I found three towns, and there goes 15% of my demesne. Also, from a math standpoint, 1% of a duchy (even a small one) is a significant amount of land, a square maybe 15 or 20 miles to a side.
      Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

I can't think of any other way to place some kind of soft limit on how many towns people create. If it's conceptually helpful, the 1% is not necessarily just the land the town takes up - town merchants may own land outside the town, including farms and various industries.

Also, the land for a town need not come out of your demesne. More likely, you'd carve it out of your wilderness land.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

By the way, there's no reason these things can't change midway through the game - changes are easiest to make now, but I expect a few tweaks down the road once we actually play with these new rules. If, for instance, the 1% for towns proves to be a bad idea, that can be very easily fixed.
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Is there any way to edit a post to add an attachment?

Comment

not that I know of.
              I also strongly object to the thread's title
              Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Comment

My ducal castle will be near Frankfurt. I intend to make my other castle a baronial castle (probably granted to Vizegraf Teutomar von Würzburg), and situated in the east somewhere between Bamberg and Meissen. Does it matter where von Wurzburg's lands currently are? Would it be an insult rather than the intended honor to deploy him to somewhere so remote?

Comment

Originally posted by foolish_icarus
                    Does it matter where von Wurzburg's lands currently are? Would it be an insult rather than the intended honor to deploy him to somewhere so remote?
                    No and no. Granted, more important castles are greater honors than boondocks border posts, but it's not possible to insult a noble with a Zinnenrecht.

Comment

What were the advantages of the new map?

Comment

Meh, not sure. The old one bugged me because it was missing some key rivers and the coastline was terrible. The map I'm working with now, however, is really too small - I have a version (not posted yet) with city names, but with castles it's going to get out of hand really quickly. At least the old map has enough space to handle city/castle proliferation. In a perfect world I'd have a map like the new one that was the size of the old one, but I may be unable to do that.

I'll keep working on it, but for now you can refer to either one. The old one is probably better for now because at least it has full city names.

Comment

I'm rereading the last update, and have the misfortune of being reminded of something I had up until now mercifully forgotten: Bishop Roricus von Worms is dead

Comment

I had mercifully forgotten that too!

Edit: And why is there a dead bishop of a place that, in this game, is not really a diocese? It's best not to ask these questions and chalk it up to the transient nature of reality.

Comment

would the transient nature of reality be disposed to let the good Bishop not-of-Worms miraculously recover from an axe wound to the shoulder ?

There's always a silver lining. I'd also forgotten I'm a patrician...of Venice!

Comment

Alright, I have a new map coming up that's the same size and scale as the old one. I need to trace the rivers, however, so I can't say when it will come out. Don't let that stop y'all, however - the old map is good enough for your castle placement.

Comment

Working...
                                X