6) Slowhand
    7) Guynemer
    8) Fistandantilus
    9) Ninot
    10) Stuie
    11) Imran
    12) Berzerker

I'll set the league up later tonight

The draft will start now but no clock. If we need it later in March we might go on a clock
    Last edited by Berzerker; February 23, 2008, 20:21.

Just a bit early don't you think?

DD and EF don't feel pressured, I'll be several days if not a week until i'm ready to make a pick, I haven't even started looking in depth yet.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Can I join?
      "

Comment

Ha! Rookie. I already know who I'll probably pick.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you already know who you'll pick with the 6th pick you're the rookie

EPW, you can join the Auction league, we should still have some room I think...

Comment

League ID#: 17534
            League Name: ApolytonFFBB
            Password: apples
            Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo....e/apolytonffbb
            Season Type: Full
            Draft Type: Offline Draft
            Max Teams: 12
            Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
            Player Universe: All baseball
            Max Moves: No maximum
            Max Trades: No maximum
            Trade Reject Time: 2
            Trade End Date: August 10, 2008
            Waiver Time: 1 day
            Can't Cut List Provider: None
            Trade Review: Commissioner
            Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
            Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
            Min Innings Pitched: 18
            Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
            Start Scoring on: Week 1
            Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
            Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, FPCT, AVG, OBP, SLG, IP, W, L, CG, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, K/BB

Comment

EPW, how committed to this are you? In addition to this league we have Snoopy's auction league and we're considering a daily roster change league. Thats labor intensive, you gotta keep checking your roster everyday or two.

Comment

we can combine OBP with SLG and drop CGs from pitching to have 11 and 10 categories. Whatdya all think?

I'd actually like to have R, 1, 2, 3, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, FPCT, AVG

whatdya think? I like doubles and triples. We gotta settle on the categories before getting too far along in the draft. And if you dont make noise now I dont wanna hear ya complaining later on.

Do you want the more traditional categories or my suggestion?

Comment

In.

Doubles and Triples deserve reward.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Curtis Granderson deserves reward

+ Hanley and Jose do too

Theres the first 3 picks, Alex, Hanley and Jose - if it dont Jdd is a lucky bastard

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
                      we can combine OBP with SLG and drop CGs from pitching to have 11 and 10 categories. Whatdya all think?

I'd actually like to have R, 1, 2, 3, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, FPCT, AVG

whatdya think? I like doubles and triples. We gotta settle on the categories before getting too far along in the draft. And if you dont make noise now I dont wanna hear ya complaining later on.

Do you want the more traditional categories or my suggestion?
                      I'll make my usual statement: this is too many categories, particularly for a relatively relaxed league like this. It is too hard for people to truly understand the value of a player with 11 categories... and you can easily use 8 categories to cover pretty much the exact same categories.

Definitely don't have OPS as one though, that is two essentially separate indicators that relatively few players outside of stars excel in both simultaneously.

A good compromise would be
                      SLG, OBP, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, H, FPCT
                      and
                      ERA, WHIP, W, K, SV, HLD, BB (or some other pitching category instead of BB - can we gauge runners stranded for example??)

Comment

In

Dropping CGs is not a big deal.....not enough of them to matter in a season.

What does TB add if you already have 1, 2, 3 and HR?

Comment

I'm in as well... obvious which team I am .

I also agree that there seem to be too many catagories.

A good compromise would be
                          SLG, OBP, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, H, FPCT
                          and
                          ERA, WHIP, W, K, SV, HLD, BB (or some other pitching category instead of BB - can we gauge runners stranded for example??)

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

CGs are too random imo. I'd drop them.

Don't like BB also, They reward pitching few innings... I'd keep K/BB which is a good efficiency index and works for both starters and relievers.

Other than that Snoopy's suggestion is fine with me.

Comment

Well, if we have "K" and "K/BB" that is a bit much 'K'... and it's probably not good to have 8 and 6 I'd think...

Could have K/9 and K/BB, that might work though (those are two separate groups of pitchers to some extent).

Comment

Working...
                              X