Calling New Zealand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling New Zealand

My evil-bestfriend-who's-ruining-my-life is studying abroad in New Zealand this semester, making communication with her slightly more tricky.

Sprint will charge me $2.29/minute to call her or, if I get their International plan, $4/month + $.08/minute + $.26/minute for a mobile termination fee. Both options seem ridiculously expensive to me.

What other options do I have? I know there are international calling cards, but google gives me too many choices and I don't know if I should trust websites that advertise LOW RATES TO AFRICA AND EVERYWHERE.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

email always works, or if you can buy a headset for the pc use skype (maybe) or can;t you use msn for a voice chat?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

pics?

Comment

Skype is definitely the best option... free if you both have PCs and relatively cheaper per-minute even if you have to call her actual telephone.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Um... get a new (and closer) EBFWRML?

Comment

I like that abbreviation
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                Um... get a new (and closer) EBFWRYL?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

LS and Aeson: Do they sell them somewhere? Can I mail order one?
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well, if Russia sells mail-order brides, then does that mean the Ukraine sells mail-order EBFWRYLs?
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I find that EBFWRYL's are a dime a dozen. Just be nice to a girl, almost any girl... and you'll be there in no time.

Comment

I HATE Telecom
                        be free

Comment

Well, it looks like I'll either go with Skype or ditching her. Thanks guys.

Comment

Ditch
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I agree with LS. This is the perfect opportunity to dump her sorry ass. Besides, maybe a semester sans Lorizael will make her appreciate you more when she gets back? :hopeless romantic:
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                              X