X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His life was dull..... Help!

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD

His 'greatest' must be the one where he mocked Roosevelts list of countries not to invade .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWFk7fzaRGc.
      didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo

didn't work.
        URL did get extra dot somewhere, fixed my post. Some apo-auto-hitler-link-censor-evil stuff i suppose.

Comment

Sympathetic character - where can I vote for him?

Comment

Did you miss your chance at OT dictator hurt & heal?

Comment

You must admit he makes a good impression in that vid - the left-right tipping just adds to sympathy.

Comment

I've got the movie. Maybe i will even watch it some day .

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                  His life was dull..... Help!

Be carefull my megalomania needs no additional reinforcement.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                    Sympathetic character - where can I vote for him?
                    k
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                      What made Hitler a good pubilc speaker?
                      He wasn't really a good speaker. Germans were just good listeners.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Comment

What was it that Stalin said?

"Hitlers come and go, but Germany and the German people remain."

Comment

Hmmm, saw a fun spoof of this not long ago, dubbed with some hiphop song or something.

Right:

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                              Hmmm, saw a fun spoof of this not long ago, dubbed with some hiphop song or something.

Right:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGMVVc0rU-w
                              I already started a thread about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Oddly enough you've hit on a truth. It's not so much what he was saying or how he said it, but the fact that so many Germans were willing to hear it as an explanation that worked.

If Germany (and many other European countries) had not already had a history of antisemitism (official and unofficial) then I doubt that Hitler's 'message' would have caught on- his voice, according to unbiased witnesses, was not particularly attractive or mellifluous- he certainly didn't have cadences of Martin Luther King or Churchill.

His words, especially the antisemitic diatribes, were often thought to be so ludicrously over the top by even his contemporaries, that people found it hard to take him seriously at first.

A good comparison would be with Mussolini- lacking the vision of a theatrical mind like Leni Riefenstahl's, Musso's rallies and speeches look like the bald chap fom the Three Stooges channeling Chaplin's 'Great Dictator'.

Similarly, every time I see a Reagan snippet, I can't help but be impressed by the complete lack of genuine substance in a Reagan speech- it's all flannel and soft soap, nothing real beyond the soap bubble surface.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X