Prerequisites for Best Events/Quests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prerequisites for Best Events/Quests

Most of the time, we will stick to our preferred playing styles and use only our favorite civics and build preferred buildings/improvements. However, events and quests will only occur for certain civic/building/improvement combinations.

Which are the combinations that are prerequisites for the best events/quests to happen? With this knowledge, this will encourage the change of one's playing style in terms of civics, etc just to have a chance of getting the good events to occur. If we keep sticking to our own preferred civics, for example, we may never ever get some of the great events happening even after playing hundreds of games of Civ4.

Can anyone outside the game designers have this info? I never thought about it but yeah I'd love to know the answers too. This is a really good one Fistleaf.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Try this thread on CivFanatics. It gives all the details about each event and quest.

Comment

That thread includes all the events, but I'm only interested in maximizing the chances for the good events. Perhaps somebody has already done up a summary of the prerequistes required?

Comment

If you read thru the thread you can figure out your self what you need to maximize your chances for good events. It'll change thruout the game as other civics/techs become available so unless you wish to build 9 chariots/swordmen/triremes, etc. ahead of time I'd stick with your basic plan and not plan around events.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I won't plan around events, but it will be good to know when I am only 1 chariot (your example) short of triggering an event. It is not too hard to build 1 more chariot.

Comment

Just had that quest, apprently you can trigure the quest for Chariots without a single one. On a normal size map, you need 8 to fullflll the conditions of the quest. And you must not reach the classical era before it. ***

*** However, it appears that you can get extended time if you bypass the classical era entirely by researching Theology which is a Midevil tech.

However even in this case the first Classical era tech will expire it even though your Midevil.

Of note though, I think this inadvertly opened another strategic decision. Before it was thought your only options when going after this tech was when a Chariot rush was already planned or else wait until you can afford to dedicate a city to Chariot burning and then turning research off as soon as the last ancient era tech was reserached until the quest was completed. Now though, you can devote your science beakers to Theology.

Incidently in this same game almost immedately after failing the Chariot quest (I didn't even start it because opponents were outside Chariot rush range and also I had made the decision to go for the Oracle) it gave me the Triembre quest. I did happen to have a city that could afford to build 7 of them in a row.

In retrospect though both of these quest offerings would have been much more useful in AU 302 Holiday Surprize than the current map.
              Last edited by joncnunn; February 18, 2008, 00:22.
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

From the CivFanatics post, I highlight below some of the beneficial events which require conscious effort to trigger (specific Civics, buildings). Other events which will likely be triggered by default (e.g. buildings which almost any player will build) are not included.

Event64
                Federal Reserve
                Prereq: Free Market Civic AND at least 1000 gold AND CORPORATION
                Obsolete: None
                Active/Weight: 90/200
                Result:
                1.-10% Inflation
                2.pay 200 gold AND -25% Inflation

Event65
                Electric Company
                Prereq: Emancipation Civic AND no angry citizen any city AND ELECTRICITY
                Result:
                1.+1 happy face in every city

Event66
                Hindenberg (sic!)
                Prereq: 1 Airship anywhere AND RADIO
                Active/Weight: 85/500
                Result:
                1.Nothing
                2.pay 45 gold AND gain +1 happy face for every Airport

Event68
                Subway
                Prereq: 1 Public Transport AND minimum 25 population in city
                Active/Weight: 80/400 (* number of Public Transport buildings)
                Result:
                1.city's Public Transportation gains +5 commerce

Event79
                Interstate
                Prereq: Universal Suffrage civic AND INDUSTRIALISM or RADIO AND Emancipation civic
                Active/Weight: 100/100
                Result:
                1.all units travel faster on roads (I am not sure what “RouteChange = -5” does though)

Event80
                Earth Day
                Prereq: Environmentalism civic AND INDUSTRIALISM or RADIO
                Active/Weight: 95/100
                Result:
                1.All your cities gain +1 happy face for 10 turns
                2.you pay 60 gold AND all cities gain +1 happy face AND some other AIs switch to Environmentalism civic

Event81
                Freedom Concert
                Prereq: Free religion civic AND INDUSTRIALISM or RADIO AND city with 3 or more religions
                Active/Weight: 95/100
                Result:
                1.City gains +1 population AND +1 happy face
                2.every religion in that city is spread to another (nearby) city

Event95
                Forty Thieves
                Prereq: Organized Religion civic AND HORSEBACK_RIDING
                Obsolete: NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY
                Result:
                1.chosen tile gains +2 commerce

Event105
                Security Tax
                Prereq: METAL_CASTING or IRON_WORKING or MONARCHY or ALPHABET or MATHEMATICS or CODE_OF_LAWS or AESTHETICS or THEOLOGY AND city with walls
                Obsolete: NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY
                Active/Weight: 70/500
                Result:
                1.you gain 20 to 80 gold

Event106
                Literacy
                Prereq: NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY AND all cities have a library
                Active/Weight: 30/100
                Result:
                1.1 city gains a free settled great scientist

Event127
                Miracle
                Prereq: City with walls AND state religion
                Result:
                1.+1 commerce for city's walls
                2.you pay 30 gold AND spread your state religion to 2 own cities

Event131
                High Warlord
                Prereq: City with castle AND NOT Emancipation civic
                Obsolete: RADIO or REFRIGERATION or PLASTICS or SATELLITES or ADVANCED_FLIGHT or ECOLOGY
                Active/Weight: 80/200
                Result:
                1.you gain 100 gold
                2.you gain 2 free Pikeman units
                3.city gains 1 free settled great general

Event136
                Laboratory
                Prereq: City with Laboratory AND Free Speech civic
                Active/Weight: 80/200
                Result:
                1.You get 15% of remaining tech cost for a tech

Event137
                Experienced Captain
                Prereq: City with Drydock AND GALLEY or TRIREME or CARAVEL or GALLEON or PRIVATEER or FRIGATE or SHIP_OF_THE_LINE or IRONCLAD or TRANSPORT DESTROYER or STEALTH_DESTROYER or BATTLESHIP or MISSILE_CRUISER or SUBMARINE or ATTACK_SUBMARINE or CARRIER unit with 7 or more XP
                Active/Weight: 95/200
                Result:
                1.City gains +2 gold for its drydock
                2.you pay 250 gold AND city gains Military Academy

Event140
                New Dynasty
                Prereq: Hereditary Rule civic AND capital AND MACHINERY or FEUDALISM or MUSIC or PHILOSOPHY or CIVIL_SERVICE or THEOLOGY
                Active/Weight: 45/100
                Result:
                1.Capital gains +1 settled great general
                2.Capital gains +1 settled great merchant
                3.Capital gains +1 settled great priest

Event141
                Crisis in the Senate
                Prereq: Representation civic AND NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY
                Active/Weight: 55/100
                Result:
                1.gain +2 Espionage points for all barracks
                2.gain 400 to 600 gold
                3.+1 happy face in all cities

Event142
                Too Close To Call
                Prereq: Universal Suffrage civic AND NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY
                Active/Weight: 60/100
                Result:
                1.gain +1 gold for all courthouses
                2.gain +3 culture for all courthouses

Event143
                Charismatic
                Prereq: Police State civic AND NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY
                Active/Weight: 65/100
                Result:
                1.All Gun units gain the March promotion
                2.+2 happy faces in all cities

Event159
                Controversial Philosopher
                Prereq: Capital with more than 35 research per turn AND Theocracy Civic AND PHILOSOPHY
                Obsolete: SCIENTIFIC_METHOD
                Active/Weight: 75/1000
                Result:
                1.+1 happy face for 15 turns in all cities
                2.Capital loses 1 happy faces AND 1 free scientist
                3.pay gold (100 base) AND Capital loses 2 happy faces AND Capital gains Academy

Event173
                Anti-Monarchists
                Prereq: Player is French AND Hereditary Rule civic
                Active/Weight: 90/100
                Result:
                1.+3 happy faces from Palace
                2.+2 gold from all cathedrals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are other beneficial events not included here that can be triggered if resource tiles are improved (e.g. mine and road on a coal resource).

On a related note, the dreaded slave revolt will only occur if city pop is 4 or more.

Event12:
                Slave Revolt
                Prereq: Slavery Civic AND city with population 4 or more AND WRITING or MONOTHEISM or PRIESTHOOD or IRON_WORKING
                Active/Weight: 80/500
                Result:
                1.+1 angry face (like whipped) AND -2 population AND 1 turn revolt AND chance of looping to 3
                2.you pay 10 gold AND -1 population AND 1 turn revolt AND chance of looping to 3
                3.1 turn revolt
                Last edited by Fistleaf; March 9, 2008, 00:25.

Comment

Of particular note,

1. Build libraries in every city to trigger event 106.
                  2. Build at least some walls and castles to trigger some events.
                  3. Very beneficial to trigger Event 64.
                  4. Build and keep 1 airship if you have Airports.

Comment

Note that not all of these events will trigger in every game. So while it's good to try to keep some of the prerequisites for these events filled, it does not guarantee that doing so will trigger the event for your civ.
                    "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

There are quite a number of events here that will be included 80% of the time or more. So the chance of an event occurring is still rather high.

Comment

Working...
                      X