• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tichothewolf

Oh, did I mention it was a laptop?
    Oh, I see.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem. The difference from my previous set up (that worked) was I added a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XTreme Music, XP service Pack 3 beta, and nVidia 169.21 drivers. I think the 160-series nVidia drivers are the problem. Im going to try and install 90-series drivers since i know those work for sure.

To fix your problem, try and get the oldest version of nVidia drivers that would support your card.
      Last edited by iDestroy; February 23, 2008, 14:10.

Comment

yup dude. I uninstalled 169.21 nVidia drivers and installed 91.31 drivers and it works great now. You can't install 90-series drivers because they dont support the 8000-series nVidia cards.

Comment

Originally posted by iDestroy
          yup dude. I uninstalled 169.21 nVidia drivers and installed 91.31 drivers and it works great now. You can't install 90-series drivers because they dont support the 8000-series nVidia cards.
          So.. What can I do? nothing?

Comment

uhhh....

See what the earliest driver version supports your video card and install it.

Comment

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

the problem with nVidia drivers and Call To Power has been fixed.
              Update your video card drivers to 181.20.
              Works perfect for me without any tricks (like backward compatibility mode) so you can run a widescreen resolution if you want.

Comment

Incredible

I was trying to run this on an overclocked 8800 GT Between bouts of Crysis Warhead and Fallout 3 of course

I thought I was SOL until this very forum. Funny how I always play that damn Call to Power every few years.

*grunts* BLOOD SHALL RUN!

Comment

Working...
                X