ModCast #2: "Accent Support Group"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ModCast #2: "Accent Support Group"

The second episode of ModCast is here, an official podcast of Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS). "Accent Support Group" (47m34s) features the four core panelists Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and Oscar "Elhoim" Velzi.

ModCast is a bi-weekly ~45-minute audio production of Apolyton Civilization Site and is an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on Civilization modding; its sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy. To date, ACS is the only community on the web to produce its own Civilization podcasts.

Summary of Topics:

- 01m13s | News
      We call on modders to be guest co-hosts on the show.
    - 04m43s | Artist Sketchpad
      We discuss the Pierre Trudeau leaderhead (or is it Christopher Walken?) by bernie14, Grave's Saddam Hussein leaderhead (based on work of Iloveplayciv) and the Villista unit by C. Roland.
    - 18m57s | Code Corner
      A segment on Zebra 9's zRoutes mod, which turns into a Python vs C++ debate. Also, we talk about the Civ Changer SDK component by Dale.
    - 30m12s | Spotlight
      We discuss the Defense mod that came with Beyond the Sword (related link: Desktop Tower Defense).
    - 40m10s | Mailbag
      Going through the feedback we got for Episode #1 here, here and here.
    Last edited by Locutus; February 2, 2008, 12:52.
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

WOO HOO!!
    ModCastNewest Episode!
    Beyond the Sword: Road to War Art Development

Second Revolution 3.0 Creator

Comment

Good episode!

Now we just need someone to do a leaderhead of Maggie Trudeau....
      "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
        Now we just need someone to do a leaderhead of Maggie Trudeau....
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Cool Cast!

Ever since I saw Soren's blog I've been addicted to DtD.

Comment

What kind of..er..mentally challenged person would argue C++ vs Python?

Isn't that a bit like a "tricycle vs speedboat" debate?

Oi!
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It would do you well to mod some Civ4 or at least listen to the show before making an uninformed statement like that.

Comment

It's not uninformed, I'm just poking fun at the lack of context of the statement.

I thought it was a language debate, not a "which is the best language to mod Civ with".

Frankly, the former is interesting and the latter is not.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

This is a podcast about modding Civ. Do we really need to spell it out for you?

Comment

Yes. I thought this was a, you know, mod podcast between moderators.

You guys really should have someone in marketing in the administration to avoid such amateur errors.

Comment

Pity, I even gave you a chance to make this go somewhere.

0.00001/10

Comment

"Giving me the chance."

How noble of you, kind sir.

Always looking out for the little guy.

Comment

"And people think we're not going to have enough content for this show." -- Ken

>> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

WhoTF is Maggie Trudeau?
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              WhoTF is Maggie Trudeau?
                              The ex-wife of former Canadian PM Pierre Trudeau.

Comment

Working...
                              X