Why no airplane promotions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no airplane promotions?

Has this ever been addressed by one of the developers?

They added it into BtS.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Curse you final semester of college that is preventing me, a weak-willed gamer, from purchasing BtS! If you don't mind humoring me, what are some of the airplane specific promotions?

Comment

Air units can get the Combat promotions, Ambush, Pinch, Interception I (+10% interception chance) and Interception II (+20% interception chance). They also have three exclusive promotions: Ace (+25% evasion chance), Range I and Range II (both of which extend operating range by one tile).
        Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
          Air units can get the Combat promotions, Ambush, Pinch, Interception I (+10% interception chance) and Interception II (+20% interception chance). ...
          But Interception I & II aren't available for fighter types because they already have 100% intercept rate. They are still good for ground anti-air types.

Solver said so (in a thread shortly after BtS came out), and he designed the aircraft promotions. To enable those promotions, you would have to modify the default intercept rates to less than 100.

Comment

I also wonder why fighters only get exp when shooting down other fighters. Shouldn't you get some XP points from sucessfully dodging AA fire and doing a risky bombing mission or something?

Comment

Working...
            X