Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open letter to the World at large.

Hear ye, here ye!

Hollande hereby closes borders with all nations bar one, until common sense prevails in America and Ottoman!

signed,

Willem de Hollande
    Dirk Ginkel of Huygens, Ginkel [RIP] & Clovis
    [Trading Inc. 660AD]

Comment

• Would Holland like to clarify that last statement?

What do you mean?
      Land of the free. Home of the brave.

Comment

• The people of the Great Rivers have always displayed common sense and find the Dutch statement hurtful, particularly the aristocracy of the first 2 cities who wield great influence in government and wish that the peace of the Lord Jesus Christ be upon all. They wish that the Dutch would continue to maintain an open border agreement for the benefit of both our nations and continued free flow of ideas.

Comment

• My Lord Hulegu! The Inca have sent a message from their elders! The boy will come to Mongol!!

Pity. I was looking forward to seeing Cuzco. Announce that we will promise not to move against the Inca for 100 turns of the seasons. They have honored our traditions and beliefs and we should not reward that with aggression. As long as I or my descendants live there will not be war on the Inca unless they strike against us. Return home my brothers. We must prepare a celebration.
          e-mail: diplo_mongolia [at] plomp.eu
          msn: diplo_mongolia [at] hotmail.com

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.” -Genghis Khan (allegedly)

Comment

• Death of Remi the II

Remi II gazed out the window, it was a cold winter in 750BC, colder than any he remembered, since he came to France. “I have ruled too long” he thought “and I have tempted the will of the gods too often”. Truly the king was a gloomy sight. A weak frail old man with many a scar on his body and many a scare on his soul. Many winters had passed since he last made a public appearance, during the welcoming ball for the Dutch princess and after he answered the questions of some kind of Carpathian historian or bard, he couldn’t remember him too well in any case… he was a different man back then.

This perceived secrecy encouraged the persistent rumor that “The King is dead.”. Remi chuckled “I have no son to conceal my death as I had my fathers”, a shadow came over his face “I am not dead. No, not yet. But I know this winter will take my life and many others….”

“Bring me my daughters!” his voice cracked as he issued the command, he knew only one was in Paris, and his voice was not as strong as it used to be

“Your majesty, we were summoned?” she was remarkably similar in appearance to her Mother … and as poisonous, not only this she had ambition and she was cold like the winter breeze that he felt on his skin. Mere moments after this realization he also found, that he could not remember her name. He quietly cursed the gods for the afflictions they send.

”One last insult can do no harm…” he quietly said

”My lord, I am not certain…" as she spoke those words, she seemed to write the statement down as another eccentricity of her father and ceased speaking midsentence.

”Ah yes dear We are old, but rest assured. What We say still has meaning.” he laughed heartily.

The princes was surprised by his laughter, Remi’s face seemed to be much younger as he laughed, she realized that in his 20’s he must have been quite handsome. She quickly tired to respond in a proper fashion, but was cut of…

"Suhs, child! We shall not have you deny it… We will not waste our short time on such niceties. You are of my blood and you are female. Neither of these necessarily means anything, even though I have tried for both to gain or loose meaning…”

Naturaly, she thought, France despite all its traditions, culture and prestige was not a proper hereditary monarchy. Kings still needed to be confirmed by the clans, and there had only ever been one “Queen of the Clans” and never a “Queen of France”. Ever since Remi II had introduced new legislature, at the last possible moment, a large amount of intrigue occurred in the court. Clan Corrin had no male heir as well, it was possible Hassan Corrin was already lobbying very aggressively for his daughter to be elected as sovereign. Not only this but a handsome young Dutch noble with some support in military circles was trying to get himself elected. He would be a horrible choice, a heavy drinker and rude. Why even, if he did get elected, he would not reign for more that a decade before someone overthrew him. Someone like me. she tought.

“Pretty while scheming.” thought Remi, and continued speaking after a momentary pause “… surley you know of this. And surley you know my word has been questioned in the last two years. This is something I am not used to. Our relations and deals with other nations are very complex, in many regards I regret how secretive I was in the past. Not much can be deduced from the state archives and even less can be reliably made known by the other powers. Use caution daughter…leave us now we fare ill.” Sudden pain in his chest prompted him to cut the conversation short.

”Call the royal physician.” Remi was visibly weak

”Off course dear father…” she smirked, ”in proper time.” she added quietly.

As she left, he reached for a few bars of chocolate, an expensive luxury imported from Incaland and a mug of ale, a staple from the surrounding hills. After this he reached for some wine. Even intoxicated he felt the pain in his chest. He lost consciousness.

Suddenly he was in a dark castle sitting at a table with all the rulers of the world. They drank ate and made merry. The first time he was late, everyone gave him dark glances. I was in a magic sleep…” he began, but they did not care. Quite suddenly everyone froze. All waited him, yet he could not move, his vision was blurred. Again he was at the same table, began to dine and speak, and then stopped. Petrified as horrible stone sculptures.

This continued, it continued for what seemed like a millennia, he had to end it. With his bare hand he took the strings of connectivity and then used arcane tongues to speak to the demon servers.
            He made them do his bidding. He was in control. He then went back to the dark castle invited the Incan leader, then the Mongolian wheele master and then the third Hollandian king. Each leader dined and rejoiced, they did not freeze, even the second and third time when they returned. He then invited 4 nobles he knew to the table of kings. And they ate. He felt pride.

This time the American leader was late, he himself had been there first, people slowly came, they ate they talked, then all stopped. They all gazed at Remi II, in horror his tongue shriveled, he left the table but one more sat at it. And no one moved. Some still gazed at him.

“I have left, I can not say why you are not allowed to move!” he cried

His soul left his body, and tried to take that of a friend. A horrible sight of the dark secrets only found in Carpathia. He tried to dine, but he was stopped. He then left, he saw on a high mountain Valhalla. He drank, he ate, he drank more, he called for his favorite concubine but she was not there, he had to settle for his mistress. He then approached the other warriors to play the game of kings and gods, but they refused.

”This is not Valhalla! Cried a powerful voice All that you have experienced you can again, but never shall we allow you to play the game! Never shall you take a turn again!

”Woe unto me, I have done all I can but am barred from that which I desire. Truly only death and despair await me. Truly I am the poorest soul that lives. Truly this is Hell!!

The King was dead.

The chieftain of the Corrins laughed and toasted heartily, while his young daughter was being prepared for the funeral.

A man drunk and swore with the high genrals and officers, promising them power, he knew he would rule.

A princes, acknowledge her mistake. Admonished herself on poor timing, how could she not see the frailty of her position, It appears she still neded the old man. She would have to wait… but for how long?

The people mourned.

And uncertainty gripped the realm. France would have only one more King elected by the clans. And then a Queen. But who would this Queen be?
            Last edited by Diplo France; February 18, 2008, 12:01.
            'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

• DP
              'Impossible' n'est pas français.

Comment

• Captain Manning in the South...

The Hills Outside of Cuzco...

Captain William Manning was comissioned by Christopher the Yankee to visit France and Holland. Holland, in keeping with their normal policy towards America, ignored the request. Christopher decided that it was important America contact France as well and decided that Manning would now march to France with a large contingent (in case they were attacked) of Axemen and Spearmen. It had been years, and so far there was no telling where France was, or what direction it was in. In general American travelers told that France was to the east, beyond Mongolia (yet another reason to travel with a large army), but so far they only encourted Incas. The Incan court was very accomodating to Manning's forces, allowing him entry at once and allowed them passage through numerous cities, including the capital.

Manning looked at his map, "I'm not sure this is correct Dixon" the Captain began, he looked up at a dense forest ahead "this isn't on the map."

"Well sir, no American has been here. We passed that Harrod of Carpathia on the way, maybe we can catch up with him" Dixon suggested.

"No, I'm not asking for directions, we've got a decision to make" he rolled the map up, and put it into his armor "We've got to return to America."

Manning knew that time was short, and he was needed back in America by General Arnold. The message arrived the night prior...

The time is approaching, your mission to France will be pointless. Remi has passed, and so too must the American Lord. His disregard for the public right, and for America's destiny has poisoned our relations.

I pray thee return to America at once, time is of the essence.
                ...Manning always had second thoughts about this, but he had decided that if America was to become a major power, Christopher had to go.

"America sir? What of our mission to France?" Dixon asked.

"We haven't time to march these forests, we must return to defend our homeland, when we left things were in shambles, and you know we're only here because Christopher wants to leave Arnold powerless!" Manning yelled, partially for the soldiers to hear him.

Dixon cleared his throat "Be that as it may sir, we have a mission to France, they are expecting us, they are expecting Jonathan Jefferson, and we've traveled this far, we musn't turn back now."

"Dixon, you will follow orders, I am not asking for your approval, I am telling you what we must do. We're here messing around in the Incan lands, and to what end?" Manning said "To look strong, to these, these people?!?"

Dixon knew Manning was normally much more calm than this, and suspected it was insincere, "Well sir, you are breaking a direct order from the Commander in Chief himself, so I don't think you're in a position to pull rank with me."

TO BE CONTINUED...
                Land of the free. Home of the brave.

Comment

• Back to Normality

Now that peace has been reassured, the people in Cuzco were able to concentrate on what they did best – build magnificent monuments. No city on terra could rival Cuzco by culture and great works. Two new projects were completed one was the Shwedagon Paya and the other the Parthenon.

The Parthenon will aid the Inca in teaching more great minds and the Shwedagon Paya, which gives the Inca access to all religion civics. The first civilization on terra to have such access.

Also a new settlement was build close to the Mongolian border. Inca workers were working day and night to clear the lands so farms can be build. A Mongol axe warrior told the local populace that the city lack defense – but he wasn’t aware that 2 archer divisions and 2 axe divisions were one day away. They were assigned to the new settlement. Their mission was to protect it from barbarians, which have been seen roaming recently in the Incan eastern forest.

Since the Incan child was send to the Mongols – relations have improved greatly. Diplomacy was renewed and future trade deals may be possible.

An American army soon arrived in Inca – as was promised. The Americans were able to give us some great military feedback, which will be implemented shortly. Also the Inca greeted them as national heroes and all were treated to a lavish banquet in Cuzco. Relations with the Americans were growing strong. Technological and resources deals are being currently negotiated.

Another close friend were the ottomans. As a more advance civilization they have been invited to come and tech our people. Also they seem to be a great supporter of our faith Christianity. Roads were build between our two civilizations in order to increase trade. It has been know for sometime now that they do not have enough land to expand into, so the Inca have offered them to expand into the north east and they have accepted.

Borders have been negotiated with the Mali as well. These people are kind by nature and trade deals would follow soon.

Because Inca has been very supportive to all terra religion – all who are interested can send us missionaries. Some like the Russians and Mali were quick to respond. Inca is home now to three religions. We welcome others as well.
                  Last edited by Diplo Inca; February 18, 2008, 00:39.

Comment

• Cuzco

When you look at a city, it’s like reading the hopes, aspirations and pride of everyone who built it.
                    Last edited by Diplo Inca; February 18, 2008, 10:32.

Comment

• The Dream

Tepes Dreams...

Dreams of war, dreams of liars
                      Dreams of dragons fire.

For a long time Count Tepes II slept with one eye open.

The fire, oh it burned. Burned his mind. As if the sun had been brought to lay on the terra. Unimaginable fire for those who defy The Code. He saw it walking toward him. Slowly, methodical, determined.

It drove him mad. To forsee the future is both a blessing and a curse to the inflicted.

"I must go out and meet this... thing", he thought.
                      Last edited by Diplo Carpathia; February 19, 2008, 00:54.
                      YIM is CarpathiaCiv
                      MSN is CarpathiaCiv
                      Email is diplo_carpathia at plomp dot eu

Comment

• Tecnological deals

Inca:

1. Gave the Ottomans Monarchy in exchange for Mathematics - resources also were exchanged to equal out the deal.

2. Gave Aesthetics to the French for their Alphabet - resources were traded to make the deal more fairer as well.

Comment

• To: The Inca.

We do not wish to be overly critical of your approach, but your listing of Tech Trades would surely have been much better if done in the form of a story. Do you not agree Inca?

Comment

• The Meeting

"Come with me demon", motioned Count Tepes, "tell me of what I dream."

The two walked on past the astonished army like two old friends some said. Up to the mountain castle they walked. The populace was dumbfounded.

As are modern day historians.

Nothing was ever written (that we know of) to document the meeting of Vlad Tepes II and the Mongolian fire demon. It is however well known that Count Tepes was deeply affected.

His behavior became crueler than usual. When he ran out of criminals to impale, he would have raffles. He called it, "offering ones self to the code."

OOC NOTE ABOUT ISLAM IN HOTWXII: The name and icon are borrowed. The religion does not belive in a higher power (allah). They worship a book. Cough, cough, Mongolia.

He began eating babys. Yes, eating babys. BarBQing them in fact. He called them, "delicious little dumplings", and ate them like roast chicken.

Of course there were revolts, but Vlad had them rounded up and impaled.

The Carpathian people were not happy with the visit from the fire robed figure. It was quite obvious it had driven their leader mad.
                            Last edited by Diplo Carpathia; February 19, 2008, 00:52.
                            YIM is CarpathiaCiv
                            MSN is CarpathiaCiv
                            Email is diplo_carpathia at plomp dot eu

Comment

• The Journey of Djati the Houngoun

One immediate positive of the new peace between Mongolia & Inca was that it was now safe once more to travel beyond the borders of Mali. Djati was getting old, but he could still remember his last great journey, when he went to visit the fellow Dark Skins-the Turks-in order to Give them the Word of Ozzy. That he was able to bring back the Code of Suileman was just an added bonus of that trip. This time, his journey would take him all the way to Cuzco, the almost fabled city of the Incan Nation-which lay beyond the Great Southern Forests on the other side of The Great Wall. An Envoy of the Yellow Skins had come to Timbuktu to ask Chief Koboku to send representatives of the Vodun faith-& Djati had leapt at the chance. In his mind he ticked off the various items as he packed them into his travel satchel. He then found his special set of Travel Shoes & Cloak & donned them once more-barely containing his eagerness.

He left his home in Djenne, first stopping to officially hand over the leadership of the Faith in his absence. He then stopped by the home of the Chief-in Timbuktu-to say farewell. With these formalities out of the way, he began his long journey.

The journey through the Desert of Visions was long & arduous, but the Loa kept him safe & free from loneliness in that wasteland. He then passed into the Fertile Crescent &-beyond that-the almost untracked wildnerness of the Great Southern Forest. Although he heard the howls & cries of many beasts, he encountered nothing more threatening than an owl or a crow in his entire journey.

Eventually, from atop a hill rising out of the forests, he could see the land of Inca before him. The Great Wall Stretched off in all directions-as far as the eye could see-& it was clear that work was always being done to extend its protective borders.

Djati began his decent towards Inca, his step getting lighter the further he went. At the main gate of the large wall, he presented the invitation, bearing the joint seals of the Mali & Incan empires. The gates were opened & Djati was escorted to the city of Cuzco.

When he arrived, he could see it was even more beautiful than he had heard. The only thing he could see that was absent, however, was a temple giving due Honor to Ozzy or the Loa. Fortunately for the Incan people, he was now here to bring light to the unenlightened.

So open & welcoming were the Incan people, & so willing they were to embrace the faith of Vodun, Djati found that he simply didn't have the heart to leave. So he sent word to Koboku to apologise for his decision not to return, then settled in to his new life amongst the Yellow Skins-preaching the word of Ozzy the Dual Natured.

Comment

• The Mali Chronicals Pt5: Return of the Barbarians & the Death of Koboku.

In the end, he realised, he had simply become....complacent.

As Chief Koboku sat there
                                in his throne room-feeling pensive-he realised that this was the only possible explanation. True, the troubles between the Inca & the Mongols had diverted his attentions elsewhere, as had the visit of the Carpathian Bard known as Harrod. Even so, though, how could he have missed this?

The first hint of trouble came when the people of Kumbi Saleh sent word of an approaching barbarian tribe. How had the scouts missed something so obvious? It hadn't been reported until they were in the jungles just beyond the Nile River.

Fearing for the fate of these still "Godless" people, Koboku himself chose to lead a band of skirmishers to deal with this new menace-a menace he easily took care of.

Yet in spite of victory, Koboku was still troubled by these events. Where had these new barbarians come from, & why return after such a long absence? What was worse was that he was now being plagued by nightmares regarding his own death. Was this merely a sign of encroaching old age?

Then, a few weeks later, even worse news reached his ears. Miners from the villages in the Yellow Hills were coming to him, speaking of a new wave of barbarians-raping & pillaging as they came. These new hordes came bearing weapons similar in design to those seen used by the Carpathians.

As if this wasn't bad enough, word also reached him of a horde of barbarians called The Philistines-a horde larger than any seen before in history-bearing the most modern armour & weapons available. Koboku knew he had his work cut out for him this time around.

First, the bowmen approached the outskirts of Timbuktu-having already leveled the villages of the Yellow Hills. Samedi's chosen went to meet them but-unexpectedly-they were cut down by a hail of lethal armour piercing arrows (though they were able to take some down with them).

Fearing the worse, Chief Koboku himself now girded himself for battle. Outfitting himself with armour & throwing spears, & leading his own elite skirmisher division.

The battle was long & deadly &-though some of the skirmishers escaped the field of battle, most had been brutally slain in what could only be described as a "Freak accident"-it seemed these archers were especially adept at combat in hilly terrain. Worse still, they brought back news of how Koboku himself had been killed by a stray arrow. The people of Timbuktu were dumbfounded. This was the second time a Malinese leader had been killed by barbarians, but this one had left them virtually undefended. Word was hastily sent to Djenne begging for assistance, but without certainty that it would arrive in time. Who would come to the aid of Timbuktu in this-its darkest hour? Or could this be the end of the Capital of The Mali.....?

Comment

Working...
                                X