Beyond the Sword Pitboss Team Democracy Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Sword Pitboss Team Democracy Game

I have been approached by the site admins to start laying the foundations for a BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game. The game will not get underway until the final patch for Beyond the Sword comes out (last estimate I heard was Q1 2008), but I thought it best to get as much of the infrastructure in place beforehand, so things can progress as quickly as possible once the final patch is released.

Beta has very generously stepped forward to be host this pitboss democracy game, and Snoopy369 has agreed to be emergency host should Beta be unavailable for any reason. With some technical assistance I will be available as a third place backup should the proverbial really hit the fan......

Now, it seems to me, the next step is finding a suitable number of teams, and getting enough active participants for each team so the burden of running a team doesn't fall on the shoulders of one individual all the time. To this end, I have already sent out a number of private messages to various members of the Poly community, and I now turn to the public forums to continue the search for enthusiastic participants.

Would you like to be a 'team leader' and set about forming a team? Failing that, would you be interested in participating as a team player for a team that someone else sets up? If so could you please either post your interest below, or respond via Private Message and I'll add your name to the appropriate list.

I hope to see you in what promises to be a thoroughly enjoyable democracy game experience.........
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    The BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game has just started!!!
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

The public forum for this game is now open at Apolyton :

The initial discusions for a new CivIV BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game have started in our forums, so if you're interested in joining the game, join in now to be involved from the start. This game will be a Team Democracy Game based on Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and the game will planned to start shortly after the next patch for BtS is released.

In case you're new to Democracy Games, a FAQ is provided by Rob Worham:

A Team Democracy Game (Demo game or DG) is a game played by a large community of players who split up into a number of teams, each team becoming one civilization. Each team gets to discuss their teams strategy in their own private forum. Quite how they operate within their private forum is entirely up to them, but as a general guideline, some form of discussion is held (via posting and/or 'live chats') to decide upon the best course of action for their civilization. Once they have decided upon a course of action, one member of their team physically plays the turn.

You can read the rest of the FAQ, sign up for the game and join in on the discussions for the game setup (rules, teams, settings, etc) in the newly created Civ4 BtS Democracy Game forum.

We hope to see you there.........
    Let your every day be full of joy, love the child that holds your hand, let your wife delight in your embrace, for these alone are the concerns of humanity.
    Come and test your metal in the Apolyton Civ4 Beyond the Sword Tri-League Tournament
    Tohunga o kairākau of Southern Cross in the Warlords Pitboss Team Democracy Game, and Member of the Great Council and Curator of The Khan's Compendium for The Horde in the Civ4 Team Democracy Game

Comment

Teams are forming up, set-up discussion is ongoing, and we have a healthy group of players signed up already. So if you are interested in joining in the fun please head over to the BtS Pitboss Team Democracy Game Forum, and sign up in one of the sign-up threads, or even just the welcome thread, if you are not sure who to join yet........

Cheers and hope to see you there.

Comment

Working...
      X