Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The people of Ravenna are rightly asking to join the Dutch empire, should we let...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The people of Ravenna are rightly asking to join the Dutch empire, should we let...

...them?" Or something like that.

I need an answer option that goes as follows:

Have the ringleaders spread one to every major city and hung in the square and you, advisor, fall on your sword for using the word "rightly".

So, anyone out there handing out cities? If so, why?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Never. But I jealously guard my own people.

But then, I understand the idea. You might want to if the city's far away from you, you can't easily support it, and you're likely to loe it to culture flipping anyway, especially if it'll appease a warlike neighbor.
    Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

If it were all those things I would not have built it, or burned it when I took it.

Comment

Circumstances can change unfavorably in a game.
        Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Yes I know, I'm really good at bring that about. Still, give away a city? Let them die trying to take it. Even if they do get it they'll lose guys trying. Better to die fighting than begging kinda. I know, stupid analogy...

Comment

I'd hang the members of your cultural works committee, since they obviously have been taking long lunches.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Right over my head.

Comment

i.e., you aren't generating enough culture, espec since that "froward Dutch git" generates plenty w/o trying.
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We've already helped sponser two kids Christmas discos here in the Phils, that's culture. No you're wrong! I'm generating culture!

Comment

I played a game the other day where a city asked to join another empire before I even met anybody. Strange.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The people must have been really desperate for a new leader...
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        I played a game the other day where a city asked to join another empire before I even met anybody. Strange.
                        I've had that happen too. Turns out the continent was sort of horseshoe shaped and Mansa was just across the water but as yet unseen.
                        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Yeah, the civ they wanted to join was just across the water but yet unseen.

and yes they're always desperate for a new leader because I'm going to use them as fodder to serve my imperialistic aims
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                            We've already helped sponser two kids Christmas discos here in the Phils, that's culture. No you're wrong! I'm generating culture!
                            But at what cost, Lancer, at what cost!?

Comment

This is definitely the most annoying dialog box in the game. I get this constantly when going for a domination win and conquering cities around the globe.

Comment

Working...
                              X