Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing the city radius parameters

Hey folks!
    I'd really like to be able to set it so that radius expansion is simply in all directions, instead of all except directly N, E, S & W.

Why?

I'd be able to place my cities in much nicer patterns if they didn't have that odd gap that makes it so that the radius shape (after one culture expansion) is an X instead of a neat square!

After each expansion I simply want it to be an X by X square (3x3 with city in middle for 0 culture, 5x5 for 10 culture, 7x7 for 100 culture, etc)... Although the 5x5 square is what I'm really after, the larger radii beyond that can be whatever shape they feel like - I'll be pattern-building my cities in such a way that beyond 10 culture it really doesn't matter - My custom scenarios are around 300x300 squares so border expansion being too "rapid" isn't really a concern.

Is it possible to edit this game dynamic? If so, how?

Even if it's "hard coded" there'd have to be a way to change it (I'm not afraid to hex edit under instruction ). Anyone able to help?

No idea how much work that would be, but a lot. You mite try the creation forum here and on CFC.

Comment

Well it is hard coded into the game which means you would need to change the core program, not sure if thats even possible and definately not advisable..

Like VMXa1 stated some might know in the creation forum here or at CFC but unless you really know what your doing, I wouldnt even bother.
      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Working...
      X