It's just not cricket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just not cricket.

Instead of whining about the umpires and other crap, perhaps the indians should man up to the fact that their team has lost twice in a row because they aren't good enough.

Most likely when they lose in Perth, it will most likely be because of the colour of the grass of some other trivial reason.
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

--> Sports forum
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hmmm.. brown people versus criminals who were deported from Europe. Who do I root for? Obvious. The police
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        --> Sports forum
        While technically true, this issue isn't entirely about actual sport.
        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Aha, so you admit Cricket isn't an actual sport!
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
            Aha, so you admit Cricket isn't an actual sport!
            2/10

Comment

Is this about race issues?

Indians > Australians
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                Is this about race issues?

Indians > Australians
                Blimey, coming from Asher this is a damning indictment of Australians.

Comment

Re: It's just not cricket.

Originally posted by Qilue
                  Instead of whining about the umpires and other crap, perhaps the indians should man up to the fact that their team has lost twice in a row because they aren't good enough.
                  I agree, generally.

Though when the guy who scored 162* goes up to teh media and says "Yeah, actually, I was out on 30 [but didn't walk]," and teh opposing captain who talks a lot about teh "spirit" of teh game clearly and knowingly lied about whether his teammate took a catch cleanly (abusing teh umpires trust in his judgment), teh taste it leaves is a little sour. And Dravid's dismissal, which was just as blatantly not out as Symonds' was out, adds insult to injury.
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

2/10
                    Come on, that was worth at leat 4/10 given the straight line you fed me...
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: It's just not cricket.

Perhaps Australia should face up to the fact that acting like they are the umpires to ensure they win every single game they play is doing the sport no good at all.

Most likely when they lose in Perth, it will most likely be because of the colour of the grass of some other trivial reason.
                      If they get to Perth. It's a pathetic move to suspend the tour, equally as pathetic as running to teacher when someone allegedly said someting out of order, rather than dealing with it sensibly. Like the famous come-back to McGrath's sledging, it seems some people can deal it out but can't take it in reply.

Comment

Re: Re: It's just not cricket.

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                        If they get to Perth. It's a pathetic move to suspend the tour
                        QFT

Originally posted by Cort Haus equally as pathetic as running to teacher when someone allegedly said someting out of order
                        QFT. Isn't teh standard Aussie line, in response to (justified) charges of excessive sledging, "What happens on teh field stays on teh field?"
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I hear that the BCCI are hiring this chap to lead the protests.

Comment

This I agree with mostly.

Some background for the confused.

Andrew Symonds was apparently the target of racist abuse during the fifth ODI against India in Vadodara on Thursday after being subjected to monkey chants while fielding on the boundary. According to a report in the Sydney Morning Herald, the incident occurred during the second half of India's innings at the IPCL Sports Complex, but the police and the state cricket administration denied the allegation.

This is the same Andrew Symonds who made the complaint against Harbhajan Singh who allegedly made the same remark during the Sydney Test.

It is also true that the Aus team could have shown a bit more decorum when they had won the game.

But this whole situation has over-shadowed what was a good game of cricket. Now with threats of the remaining games in Aus and the Indian tour being canceled, it's all looking less like cricket and more like international finger saluting.

Comment

I'm sure the sponsors will not be amused, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X