Twilight of the Arnor - Beta 4 available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twilight of the Arnor - Beta 4 available

If you have pre-ordered Twilight of the Arnor, then be on the lookout for Beta 4.

The full info about this release is available at the link below, but I will list some some of the "major" additions.

http://forums.galciv2.com/?aid=171933

+ NEW: Thalans are now enabled
    + NEW: Altarians are now enabled
    + NEW: Re-designed Invasion screen is now in the game
    + NEW: Several new starbase modules added
    In addition to the this release, we have also announced that the release date has been pushed back to late March. This is in part due to wanting more time to work on the really cool features that have been, and will be added.

You can read the full post here.

http://forums.galciv2.com/?AID=171937

Beta 6 released - 3-20-08

As vague as "Various AI changes" is, the majority of the changes are actually to the AI in this beta. However, rather than delaying the beta to allow Brad write a comprehensive list of the changes, we're putting up with the vagueness.

+ NEW: Now including the Scenario Editor

+ NEW: Now including the Campaign Editor

+ NEW: Added InfoIcon for new ship design notification

+ FIXED: Some incorrect thumbnails for updated ship components

+ FIXED: Bug where trade route was cancelled after the freighter was destroyed too few times, fix also fixes the freighter command.

+ FIXED: Bug with research all cheat key that gave you bonuses for techs you already researched

+ FIXED: Added code to make sure that the Dread Lords never make peace

+ FIXED: Bug where if you had more than 1000 Ascension points, you wouldn't win

+ FIXED: Crash due to null Civ pointer in alien message dialog

+ FIXED: Added check for null crystal pointer in ai drengin function

+ FIXED: Bug where galaxy not clearing ascension crystals from game to game

+ FIXED: Bug where sector mapper was not clearing ascension crystals from game to game

+ TWEAK: Various AI changes

http://forums.galciv2.com/304913
    Last edited by Island Dog; March 20, 2008, 17:25.
    http://www.galciv2.com/

Awesome news. Looking forward to continued beta releases and final in March.

Comment

I have very little tolerace for bugs, while I give kudos on Stardocks method (and it is nothing less than brilliant) I have no desire to purchase a game before it goes out of beta.

Or am I wrong, is buying the game early, worth it?
      Last edited by Heraclitus; February 17, 2008, 11:59.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Well one of the main points of giving people access to the betas this early is the feedback we get from the players themselves.

This really does help shape the game in some ways. Obviously it is a beta, so problems are to be expected, but by doing it this way we can eliminate as many as possible so the final release is smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Island Dog
          Well one of the main points of giving people access to the betas this early is the feedback we get from the players themselves.

This really does help shape the game in some ways. Obviously it is a beta, so problems are to be expected, but by doing it this way we can eliminate as many as possible so the final release is smooth.
          That's why I said it was birlliant.

I'm just wondering is the experience of being a beta players worth it considering the limited time we have? Isn't it a better experience to discover a whole new game? Plus, won't you pick up bad game habits if you play a lot of the Beta, since things are bound to change?
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I'm just wondering is the experience of being a beta players worth it considering the limited time we have? Isn't it a better experience to discover a whole new game? Plus, won't you pick up bad game habits if you play a lot of the Beta, since things are bound to change?
            I think that is really a matter of personal preference. Not everything "new" to the game will be made available in betas.

As far as picking up bad habits, I personally never run into that problem. Maybe some other people could chime in, but I haven't seen anybody have issues with that.

Comment

I think that is really a matter of personal preference. Not everything "new" to the game will be made available in betas.

As far as picking up bad habits, I personally never run into that problem. Maybe some other people could chime in, but I haven't seen anybody have issues with that.
              I suppose it is true. Public betas like this can only work with digital distribution.

I can't wait till the game is done, since like I siad I'm not going to play the beta. I do have one question will the game be available in stores in the EU? Or will I have to purchase it online?

Comment

I can't wait till the game is done, since like I siad I'm not going to play the beta. I do have one question will the game be available in stores in the EU? Or will I have to purchase it online?
                The Twilight of the Arnor expansion will be online distribution only, at least for the foreseeable future.

Comment

The Twilight of the Arnor expansion will be online distribution only, at least for the foreseeable future.
                  Thanks for the info!

Comment

What happened to the DA/TotA version they were discussing not so long ago?

Additionally, although it's probably a little early for it at this stage, what's going to happen with the patching?
                    I wasn't at all impressed when, halfway though DA, they removed access to downloadable patches and allowed everything through SDC only ...

Comment

What happened to the DA/TotA version they were discussing not so long ago?
                      I don't think anyone ever said there was going to be such a thing. It's possible that down the line there will some type of bundle, but that is not a definite thing.

I wasn't at all impressed when, halfway though DA, they removed access to downloadable patches and allowed everything through SDC only ...
                      As far as I know, the patching process will remain the same. Just a bit of info, Stardock Central is being replaced soon.

Link

Comment

Working...
                      X