Pet Hates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Hates

you know what i'm talking about. those things, which in the grand scheme of things, don't matter at all, but which drive you crazy.

i'll start with mine: washing up.

now if you're not going to do the washing up, then leave it on side, do it tomorrow or whenever, i don't care. but DON'T, for the love of all that is holy, do the washing up in a half arsed manner. the purpose of washing up is to clean the cutlery and crockery and leave it in an acceptable condition for the next person who uses it. it is not good enough to rinse things once and leave stains and bits of food all over the plates and pans for me to discover when i want to make some food.

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Pet peeves is the term I think you're looking for.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I hate people that have snakes as pets.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My rule on pets - They must know their own name.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
          Pet peeves is the term I think you're looking for.
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

When you serve someone a drink, and hand her a coaster as well, and she then puts teh drink down by teh side of teh coaster
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

pet "peeves"? Ah that changes everything.

People that stand and talk in doorways or stairways. Idiots.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

People that don't use their turn signals while driving.
                I'm sitting there waiting to pull out and the dumbass turns onto the street on which I am patiently waiting.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                  People that stand and talk in doorways or stairways. Idiots.
                  This happens to me everyday on the escalators at the subway. People get to the end and then just stop moving.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I dont like it when the washing up is left unwashed in the bowl. I need the fricking bowl to do the washing up in but its full of crap. It demotivates me from doing casual washing up as I am passing if Ive got to empty the bowl first before I can even get started
                    Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

People here in San Antonio use "whenever" incorrectly.

Instead of, "I'll get there whenever I get there"

it's "Whenever we went to the store that time"

People repeatedly putting carts, stretchers, beds against fire doors that are designed to close when there is a fire.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                        People here in San Antonio use "whenever" incorrectly.

Instead of, "I'll get there whenever I get there"

it's "Whenever we went to the store that time"

People repeatedly putting carts, stretchers, beds against fire doors that are designed to close when there is a fire.

ACK!
                        People everywhere use "when" and "where" incorrectly.

"Teh kind of situation where X"
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

People who constantly use "teh" instead of "the"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            People that don't use their turn signals while driving.
                            Then for God's sake, stay out of Los Angeles!!

Comment

Playful was just aghast at the mannerly driving, overall, here. In Utah, it's every lunatic for themself.

Comment

Working...
                              X