Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1706 problem when patching 1.74

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and I have a problem. I've searched far and wide on both this site's forums and the forums at civfanatics (as well as numerous google searches that have lead to other sites) to find a definitive fix for the "Error 1706" I've been receiving when patching Civ IV 1.61 to 1.74. In case you haven't seen the other posts concerning this error, it reads:

"Product: Sid Meier's Civilization 4 -- Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Sid Meier's Civilization 4. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

I've tried numerous fixes, including Petek's here http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=1 and I've read through monkeydoo's "How I fixed error 1706...etc."post - none have worked. I have the latest DX9 packages installed and I'm running Winxp with the GOTY edition of Civ IV.

After receiving this error, I have tried to play and everything seems fine, but I just can't help but want to rid myself of the patching error. It doesn't seem right that it keeps happening no matter what I try, and that the Civ IV developers wouldn't do something to fix it, since I've seen it occurring to many more people than just myself. Please, any help is appreciated...I want to discover a fix that works for everyone.

Thank you.

civfanatics

Just for mentioning this no one here will help you

Unfortunately, reading through Petek's thread it seems they've suggested everything I would...

Hopefully a developer sees this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      civfanatics

Just for mentioning this no one here will help you

Unfortunately, reading through Petek's thread it seems they've suggested everything I would...

Hopefully a developer sees this thread.
      sorry for mentioning the name...I just wanted to make the point that I've looked nearly everywhere I could possibly look.

Thanks anyways.

Comment

Working...
      X